Chapter 14

*Your POV*

Sinbad took a deep breath, "Well I know this doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but just like you did before...I have no memories."

I gaped at him, "W-What? I know that you don't remember what you did to become a demon, but are you saying that you have no memory of everything else too?"

Sinbad's smile now seemed forced, "That's right (Y/N), the only memories I have are the ones I made after I bumped into you."

I looked at him questioningly, "So why haven't you told me this before?"

"I just don't want to get you involved." Sinbad murmured.

"Involved?" I looked at him exasperatedly, "Did you seriously say that you don't want me to get involved?"

"Well..."

I didn't let him finish, "You just gave me a whole speech about how important I am to you, but you kept something this big away from me?! Why would you do that?! Besides what's there to get involved into anyway?!"

"Well normally memories come back, some quicker than others, am I right?" Sinbad asked.

I nodded, "Well I assume so. After all I did take a potion that Tsuki gave me on a chance that it would bring my memories back quicker, fortunately did. Anyway why is this important?"

He continued, "Well ever since you tried to heal me I've been having these headaches. I feel as if my memories are trying to return, but something is getting in their way."

My eyes widened, "You think someone's trying to stop you from remembering your past!"

Sinbad nodded, "Yes, but I don't want that person to set their sights on you. I want to keep you safe, and I didn't want you to lose your memories again."

"Thank you for considering me, but I want to help you." I insisted.

"What if it turns out that I was a merciless and cruel person before I died?" He questioned.

I scowled, "Then you'll change and be a merciful and kind person now that you're dead."

Sinbad raised an eyebrow, "I'm a demon, you know that right?"

I glared at him, "And I'm an Angel, but I won't hesitate to beat the hell out of you."

He chuckled, "Okay, I get it. By the way, nice play on words."

I smiled, "Thanks. Also about your memories, let's see if the stuff Tsuki gave me works on you."

"You really think that he'll help me after our argument?" Sinbad said skeptically.

I frowned, "That's true, but it still wouldn't hurt to ask."

"Fine, but do I have to go with you?" He asked.

I shrugged, "You don't have to, considering your recent fight with him I'll understand if you'd want to wait here."

He nodded and then landed on a branch, "I'll wait for you here."

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit."

Then I turned around and headed back to Tsuki's house.