Chapter 13

*Your POV*

It's already been a few weeks since Tsuki warned me about Sinbad, but I just couldn't get it out of my thoughts. As far as I know he's only keeping one secret from me, and whatever it is won't harm me.

'But how do I know I can trust him when he says that?'

I shook my head and began picking at the diamond on my necklace, 'Well he's never actually done anything too untrustworthy, so I don't know why I'm doubting him. In fact what he's hiding might be something really silly and minor, so it's probably better that I don't stress about it.'

'Besides it's not like Sinbad is the only Psychic demon out there, I bet there are tons of them. Although I have no idea why some random demon would go out of his to do all of this. Maybe it's someone that one of us knew and he held a grudge against us for something we did? Or maybe it was some demon who just hates people who are in love? Or it could've been just some random demon that got bored and decided to do all this for fun???'

"Argh, there are too many possibilities!" I grumbled aloud.

"What was that?"

I laughed, "Oh sorry Kouen, I'm just thinking to myself."

Kouen smiled, "Don't do too much of that, you'll hurt yourself."

"Hey!" I exclaimed, "What's that supposed to mean?!"

He chuckled, "Oh, nothing."

I pouted and looked away from him. Changing the subject I examined the park he had taken me to, "This is a nice place, the flowers in particular are especially pretty."

"I'm glad you like them," Kouen said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "I was hoping you would."

I smiled as I leaned against his chest, but then as I glanced up I saw a glimpse of a chain.

'Is that...'

I reached for it and pulled it out from under his shirt. I grinned when I saw what it was. It was the other half to the yin and yang necklace. His was the yang half, it was white and like mine it had a small diamond of the opposing colored dot.

He blushed slightly, "So you found it huh?"

I feigned hurt, "What? Don't tell me you were trying to hide it all this time."

Kouen looked away sheepishly, "W-Well it's just-"

I snickered, "Yes I know, it's unmanly or whatever."

"N-No that's not it!" He exclaimed hastily.

"Is that right?" I laughed while looking at him, "Then please clue me in, I'd love to know."

"W-Well maybe you're right..." He mumbled, "Sorry."

"Even if you're a little embarrassed to show it that's okay because you're still wearing it." I said reassuringly.

"Thanks." He murmured.

I nodded my head and went back to picking at the diamond on my necklace again as I began thinking of possible ways to figure out who the demon was, and how I could get rid of him.

Kouen looked at me worriedly and gently rested his hand on mine, "You're thinking again aren't you? And by the looks of it you're not thinking about the best ice cream deals on Fridays, am I right?"

I sighed, "How did you know?"

"I know you better than you think I do," He chuckled, "Besides every time you're stressed out or thinking about something troubling you start picking at your necklace."