Chapter Five: Last Kiss

"I never thought we'd have a last kiss,
I never imagined we'd end like this,
Your name, forever the name on my lips."

The week flew by quickly and before I knew it, I was on my own again. My visa was pushed back again, so I wouldn't be back for a whole 6 month now.

I knew that I couldn't ask David to just wait around for me, he would but things were different.

Rumours hurt everything. Even though David and Liza were "just friends" now, I knew deep in my heart that exes never stay just friends, it doesn't work like that. All it took was one drunk slip up and it would done. Old habits die hard.

Some photos of Liza and David at coachella almost broke the internet too, a photo of them holding hands and him giving her a piggy back, and a another of them cuddling in a hammock.

David was acting differently aswell, being distant and mostly non responsive or always busy.

That's when I started to drink by myself in my living room, watching David's videos and having a cry by myself.

Then my phone lit up. David.

"Hello?" I say softly,

"Hey, we need to talk." He says, his tone of voice sad.

"I know." I almost whisper.

"I don't think I can do this whole, long distance thing." He says, "I, I mean, it's nothing to do with you, I just, it's too hard for me, without you here."

"Uh, If that's what you want." This time I whispered, choking on my own tears.

"Yeah, it is." He says, "I'm so sorry. I do love you, you know that, right?"

"I know." I croak, wiping my tears,
"Tell me one thing." She says, almost losing her voice.

"Anything." He says,

"Is it because of her? Is this why this is happening?"

"Char, I, it's, she..." He stumbles over his own words.

"I gotta go." I whisper.

"Char, don't be like thi-"

I cut him off, hanging up the phone and bringing my knees up to my chest while I sobbed a little more.

My whole body was shaking as I drank more of the vodka was in front of me.

I dial Heath, not knowing what to do.

It rings once before he picks up.

My cries could be hear through the phone.

"Baby girl, what's wrong?" He says, sounding worried.

"He did it, he broke up with me." I sobbed, "did you know about them?"

I hear Heath heavily breathe.

"Heath." I say, "did you fucking know?"

"Char. I did, but not like you think."

"I can't fucking believe you." I say shakily, pacing around in my apartment. "I can't talk to you, I've gotta go." I said throwing my phone at the wall.

I pick up a vase of flowers that David had given me and throw that aswell, I throw my glass bottle aswell the shards of glass flying back and hitting my cheek.

Ashton, who was asleep in the guest bedroom walks out and find me on my hands and knees in the glass. He flicks on the light.

"Fuck Char." He says, carefully treading over the glass and picking me, "you've cut your cheek." He states as he carries me into the bathroom.