Chapter Twenty-Five: Back To You

"You could break my heart in two,
But when it heals, it beats for you.
I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed too."

"I think, we should just announce to everyone we're friends again." I say, "it's not a lie, you are my best friend."

David nods as we sit in his bed, drinking coffee.

"We aren't exactly back together, right? We're just a fucking mess." I laugh with David, "but we're working on it."

"Yeah, it's definitely what I want for the future." He says, sipping his coffee.

"Me too, but I think we just need to work on us before we let everyone back in too."

"I agree, besides, Heath and Kara just saw us drinking wine and eating dinner, which doesn't have to mean we're in a relationship." He says.

I nod, "how about we are just best friends? For now, I mean, like you can still come stay and I'll come stay but we're only together behind closed doors?"

"Yeah, that sound excellent and less drama filled." He laughs.

"Invite everyone around. Let's just sit them down and tell them." I say, "I want you, Dave and all that comes with you, but this is best for now."

"I agree." He says, "that's part of why I love you, you always care about everyone's feelings."

•••

An hour or so passes and everyone's at David's.

Zane, Matt, Carly, Erin, Jason, Trisha, Kara, Heath, Corinna, Todd, Scott, Kristen; even Brandon, Alex and Dom.

Everyone except Heath and Kara are confused and furrowing their eyebrows at David and I sitting across from them.

"What's going on?" Jason says.

"Since when have you two been talking again?" Todd says.

David goes to speak but he looks at me and I know he can't begin to explain.

"I know, it's kind of a shock." I say, shakily, "I can't believe we have to explain this to you." I breathe out, a breath I didn't know I was holding. "David and I have recently, became friends again. The best of friends. We didn't tell you all, because we didn't know if it's what we wanted. It was confusing." I say and Kara sighs loudly.

"I stayed here last night, as a friend, David made us dinner and we spoke about what we wanted so that we could let you guys in. We want each other in the future but until we're positive that it's exactly what we want and what is right, we're waiting..."

"But you're with Harry?" Zane says as everyone that didn't know agreed.

"I'm only telling you this now, because I asked my team if I could but, please, don't tell a soul."

They all nod intrigued as I talk.

"It's a fake relationship to help my career and help Harry too. It's a contract. I love Harry and he loves me but more as a older brother type." I say, as some of them are shocked.

We're all sitting around talking and laughing before I decide to ask Kara to come outside and talk.

We sit opposite each other at a table outside and I light up a blunt before passing it to her and lighting myself one.

"I really am sorry." I say to her, she looks at me as I continue. "It's so complicated, Kar and believe me you were the first person I wanted to tell, I just, you know I hate being a burden on people."

"You'll never be a burden to me though." She says, "I thought you would know that by now."

"I know, I'm just scared. I love David, like really love David." I say, softly, "but you know me, when I find something good, I fuck it up and run away."

She nods, "this is different." She smiles, "you want to be with him, you've admitted it. You've never done that before."

"But what if he doesn't want me? What if he wakes up one day and is over me?"

"But what if he wakes up as decides he wants to marry you? Think positive." She smiles as we put out the blunts and stand and hug for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry, again. I should've told you."

"Just don't do it again, I can't lose you, not over Dobrik." She laughs as we walk back inside.

Heath and David are talking as we head back to the lounge room. They've made up.

Heath tried to keep a straight face but smiles and wraps me up in his arms.

"I'm so sorry." I say into his chest.

"I know." He says, kissing the top of my head.

Majority of everyone had left except, Zane, Heath, Kara, Corinna and Todd.

My phone buzzes and Harry's name appears on the screen.

I answer as my head lays on David's chest.

"I have good news and bad news." He says, I know David can hear.

"Continue." I laugh.

"Good news, we're breaking up, bad news, it's gotta be in front of an audience, also bad news, the team want it to be because of cheating rumours. We need a meeting with David's team ASAP." He says.

My eyes glance to David's and he nods, as if to say he'll organise it.

"Okay, tomorrow, lunch?" I say. "I'll get someone from his team to message ours."

"See you then, love." Harry says.

Authors note:

Oooooh dramatic yasssss kind of
Sorry for not updating last week! I've been really uninspired and I've had a lack of motivation but I'm trying!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me on Twitter @bbygrlcourtx