Chapter Thirty: Small Bump

I groan as there's a loud ringing in my head and the bright lights are shining down on me.

I hear Kara yell, "She's Awake! Get a doctor! Get David!" She yells.

My eyes slowly creepy open and close as they see the lights.

I hear David run in and feel him touch my hand.

"Hey, it's okay." He says, calmly. "I'm right here." He says as I look at him.

"The baby?" I say, as he looks away from me, the doctor enters and everyone including David leaves.

"Miss Cave." The Doctor says,

I shake my head no as tears start flying. "Tell me the baby is okay."

"Miss Cave, I'm sorry to tell you, your daughter didn't make it."

"Daughter?" I whisper, "no!" I scream, "that can't be right."

"I'm sorry for your loss, Miss Cave." The Doctor says.

The nurse starts checking me as I lay in a ball on the bed, the lights dimmed as much as the can be. I'm softly sobbing as she moves my hair from my face.

She smiles softly, "I was in your place many years ago, my love." She says, "don't blame yourself."

She ties my hair back and helps change my hospital gown, gently dabbing my body with a wet cloth before putting a new gown on.

"Thank you." I croak as I lay and stare at the roof.

"Would you like me to send your boyfriend in?" She says softly, before she leaves.

I nod, "please."

David walks into the room, it's almost in slow motion as tears start pouring.

I reach out my arms, even the one with a drip in my arm as I start sobbing and he walks in, his face tear stained.

"I'm so, I'm so sorry, Dave." I sob into his chest as he sits on the bed beside me.

"It wasn't your fault, Char" He says, also sobbing.

"It's me, I'm sorry." I sob as he rubs the back of my head.

"It's not your fault. Don't blame yourself, Char." He says, "I love you."

"I'm sorry." I still sob, "I love you too."

• • •

A few days pass with David sitting by my side every day I was stuck in the hospital.

He was asleep with his head on the side of the bed as the tv softly played, but I hadn't slept properly in four days.

David softly wakes up and smiles at me, "How are you today, love?"

Tears pool into my eyes again and as a few burst over, he uses his thumb to wipe them.

"You should be able to get out of here today. We can go home."

I smile softly at him through my tears.

"She would've had your eyes." I almost whisper to him, holding his hands.

"She'd for sure have your dimples." He says, wiping my tears as I wipe his. "And your smile."

I smile at him softly, "does everyone know?" I say, not knowing how the fans would've taken it.

He nods, "I posted asking for time for us to heal and so I could spend all my time with you, more for me, I need you."

I smile softly, "I need you. I love you, David."

• • •

As I was back home and in David's bed, him in the kitchen singing softly as he cooked, I decided I needed to post about the baby.

I posted a picture of my last scan before I had lost the baby.

"Maybe you were needed up there, and were still unaware as why. I'm sure you would have heard that David and I recently lost our beautiful baby. I'm sure you can understand we're devastated and taking this time to heal. Thank you for all your kind words, you'll never believe how much they've done for me and David. I'm posting this because i want you to know, you're not alone if you go or have gone through losing a child. It is not your fault, it's okay, it will be alright. You'll never believe how much your father and I love you, small bump."

David rushes in as I post it and comes and hugs me, "You didn't have to do that." He says, rubbing my tears.

"I did, I don't want anyone to feel alone if they're going or have gone through this, Dave. I'm so incredibly lucky, I have you and all our friends. I don't know what I would do without you."

He smiles and tears leave his eyes, "I love you so much." He says, moving my hair from my face and kissing me softly.

"I love you most, David Dobrik."

•••

Authors note:
Omg so sad I'm crying I can't - small bump makes me cry every time 😭