Chapter Twenty: Timebomb

"From the get-go
I knew this was hard to hold,
Like a crash the whole thing
spun out of control,
Oh, on a wire, we were dancing,
Two kids, no consequences,
Pull the trigger, without thinking,
There's only one way down this road,

It was like a time bomb set into motion,
We knew that we were destined to explode,
And if I have to pull you out of the wreckage,
You know I'm never gonna let you go."

About a week passes and David and I are on our way to meet the others, including Kara, who had been at the vlog house last night, at the airport, we had to fly to Florida for Playlist live.

As we arrive David is nervous I can tell as he stresses about where the others are and about Liza and I meeting for the first time.

"Hey." I smile, wrapping his arm around me. "It's gonna be okay."

"I know." He says softly, "I'm just nervous, I don't know how it's going to be when people see you and Liza both on the stage." He says, "there's gonna be questions."

"And we're gonna have answers, stress less." I smile, "I'm here, by your side, no matter what."

He softly kisses my forehead as Jason and Trish walk towards us.

"Aw you guys are so adorable." Trish says as she hugs us hello, Trish had become a really good friend of ours, especially mine.

"Where is everyone?" Jason says.

And as if on queue, Scott, Kristen, Corinna, Todd, Heath, Zane and Kara come running towards us.

"We're here!" Scott yells as we rush towards the boarding gate.

The team at Playlist had splurged and bought us all first class tickets.

David was filming different bits for his vlog, including a bit where he wore a pair of sunglasses with a fake pilot hat attached to the top and waved the passengers on.

We were all laughing and filming before we were asked to settle down because the flight was about to take off.

David places his hand in mine and smiles at me.

"Thank you for keeping me safe and sane." He says, softly.

I smile and softly peck his lips, "Thank you, Dave."

•••
The flight wasn't too long and before we knew it we were in the hotel. Tonight, Playlist had a creator dinner and then tomorrow day would hold the event, then tomorrow night a creator party.

David lay on the bed as I sat on the bed and his body wrapped around mine.

"What's wrong?" He says, softly, "I can tell you're upset or nervous."

"There's going to be so many people I meet tonight and I'm just anxious about what they're going to say." I say, looking at him.

He sits up and pulls my body into his.

"They're gonna think you're funny and beautiful and kind and caring." He says, smiling at me.