Chapter Twenty-Four: I Did Something Bad

"They say I did something bad,
Then why's it feel so good?
Most fun I've ever had,
And I'd do it,
Over and over and over again,
If I could,
It just felt so good."

"Fuck." I say, "wait, that's an old photo?" I say, furrowing my eyebrows as Harry laughs.

"That's from before we even met." He says.

"You should feel my heart." I say, raising his hand to my chest.

He laughs again, "let's get you home." He smiles.

He drops me home and I walk through the door.

Corinna looks at me as I walk past.

"Hey babe." I smile at her.

"I saw that article!" She says, "who is it?"

"Oh, it's an old ass photo of David and I." I laugh, "don't know who their source is."

"Oh," She says. "I thought you and David were getting back together and you didn't tell us. I was kind of mad."

I awkwardly laugh, "I haven't spoken to David since I saw him at the party. I'm staying at Harry's tonight though." I smile.

"Oh, but he just dropped you home?" She says confused.

"Oh, he has a meeting first, so I thought I'd pop by and get stuff and Uber back later." I smile as the conversation ends and I walk upstairs.

•••

I manage to escape the house without any questions asked and David's waiting up the road to drive us back to his.

We pull inside his gate at his place and we go inside.

He plays some music as he makes us both dinner and we're drinking wine and dancing and laughing.

"Your lipstick marks everything." He smiles, as he looks at my glass sitting beside his.

"Lipstick that dares to remind you, that I've been around." I smile.

The music pauses and we hear the front door open.

"I thought you locked it." I whisper.

"I thought I did." He whispers back.

I sneak towards his room and softly close the door as I sit on his bed.

"I thought you guys were away for three days?" I hear David say.

I hear Kara's laugh, and then Heath begin talking.

"I booked it for next weekend, must've mixed my dates up." Heath says.

"Two wine glasses?" I hear Kara question David. "Do you have company?"

"Uh, I, um, I..." David stumbles over his words.

Before I know it Davids bedroom door swings open and Kara's shocked, and hurt face is looking at me.

"I can explain." I say softly as she storms away.

I follow her back to the boys, "Kara, wait, please, let me explain!"

She turns and looks at David and I, If looks could kill we would be dead.

"Explain!" She yells, "Can you explain how my best friend could just be lying to me? How she felt like she couldn't trust me?"

"Kara, Babe, it's not like that. I swear, it's just, it's complicated." I say softly.

"It's not complicated Charleigh. You're my best friend. I've always told you everything about me and my life every little detail! And you can tell me that you're staying and talk with David again?" She has tears in her eyes and so do I.

"It's confusing, It's, its.." I started sobbing.

"Complicated." She says, as she starts to cry, "right." She rolls her eyes as she walks away.

I look at Heath, "wait, Heath, Please, just let us explain." I say sobbing.

"I can't believe you both, would lie to two of your best friends." He says, "you can explain, but I don't want to hear it." He says as he too walks away and we hear the door slam shut.

"Ah, Fuck." I say as I turn to David. He wipes my tears away with his thumbs as I place myself up on his bench.

I finish the rest of my wine, before I grab the bottle from the bench and start drinking from it as David continues making dinner.

Every so often he comes and stands between my legs, and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry." He says, softly as his plating the food.

"Don't be, I was the one who said we shouldn't say anything." I shrug, the wine going to my head and making me drunk.

David feeds me fork fulls of pasta as I still sit on the bench as he also feeds himself.

"Thank you, but I'm full." I smile softly, my head spinning from the wine.

He smiles, "me too."

I go to reach for David's glass of wine but I miss the glass.

He laughs, "are you drunk?"

I smirk and close my eyes, "no." I hiccup.

"You're trashed." He laughs as he washes the dishes.

"Trash gets taken out, Dave, we always stay in. Remember? We have too because I'm an idiot." I groan.

He laughs again, "you're a cute idiot though." He says, picking me up off the bench as I still hiccup and he carries me to his room.

• • •

Authors note;
Sorry for the late upload!
Buuuut it was my birthday this week and I've been working non stop!
Im going out drinking with my friends and family tomorrow and I'm so excited!
I'll share some pictures next chapter to show you my outfit 😍
When's your guys' birthdays? Comment and let me know! Anyone else a fellow Leo??? ✨💗

Don't forget to Comment and vote, tweet me @bbygrlcourtx

Much love as always 💗💗💗