Chapter Ten: Like Me Better

"To be young and in love in New York City,
To not know who I am,
But still know that I'm good as long as you're here with me,
To be Drunk and in love in New York City,
Midnight into morning coffee,
Burning through the hours talking."

David and I are singing and I feel comfortable in his car with him, the safest I've felt in days.

He pulls up to a gated community and presses the button. Someone says "welcome sir" on the other side and the gate opens.

"Where are we David?" I softly say as I'm amazed by all the houses I can see.

David pulls into a driveway and smiles, "I bought a house."

"This isn't yours." I say, almost speechless as we get out of the car and he chucks me a key.

We walk up to the front door and you can undoubtedly tell it's his as we enter.

He flicks on the lights and a "click bait" sign turns on in the living room.

I laugh as I turn to him.

"Oh my god, congratulations! How? When?"

"I've been wanting one for ages and when I found this, I needed it because well, it's beautiful but come here."

He says, using his hands to cover my eyes as we walk outside.

"Look." He says, as he uncovers my eyes.

"David." I gasp, looking at the view. "It's amazing."

"I want you to move out of that apartment." He says, "into here, with me."

I look at him in disbelief.

"I can see your mind going into overdrive." He says, "I've thought it through, you can have your own room and we can share an editing room, you can help pick all the furniture and designs."

I smile at him and just hug him.

"Is that a yes? You haven't said yes?"

I look up at him, "ofcourse."

...

A few days pass and all my stuff is at David's. All the gang is over and I'm sitting on Heath with my arms around his neck.

He runs his finger over the deep healing cut on my leg and it gives me shivers.

I do a pretend yawn and say goodnight to everyone, so I can go to my room. Which was next to David's.

I lay in a big shirt on my bed, just staring, I hadn't slept more than 5 hours in the pass three days.

I was unbelievably tired but so scared, every time I heard a creak or a noise or a loud bump in the night, even in the day, I would panic. I never wanted to be alone.

I could hear almost everyone leaving but I knew Zane, Matt and Heath were staying on the couch and in the spare room.

I can hear David editing in his room next door and I slowly go into the kitchen and make a tea, I can hear Heath and Zane talking as I do so.

As I walk back toward my room, I don't stop to enter my room, instead I walk into David's.

He looks up from his computer, and softly smiles at me as he pulls out his headphone.

"Can I just sit in here with you?" I say, walking towards him.

He nods as I climb around him and sit beside him. He gives me an earphone as he continues editing.

About an hour passes and David gets up.

"I'm just gonna have a quick shower." He smiles as he hands me his tv remote, "put something on."

I hear the shower running and get under his covers and lay down as I press play on one of my favourite movie, The Grinch.

My eyes grow heavy as I lay there and before I know it I'm asleep.

I hear David leave our joint bathroom, but I'm too tired to wake up. He softly gets into the bed and I wiggle over before talking softly.

"I'm sorry, I can go back to my bed if you like."

"It's okay, stay here." He says and he slides his arm under my neck, softly our bodies moulding together and becoming comfortable.

"Thank you." I softly whisper,

"For what?" He whispers back,

"Everything." I smile as I push my head up from his chest and kiss his jaw.

...

As I wake the sunlight is softly peaking through the window and lighting up David's face.
I smile as I try and escape his arms but it's almost impossible.

I just lay and enjoy the warmth and the feeling of being safe and protected, and the feeling of being in love. Which was also scary,  but exciting.

•••

Authors note:
Cute little fluff update; ooooh they're living together - what's gonna happen? Hmmmm 😂 hope you enjoyed the Lil update - tweet me @bbygrlcourtx