Chapter Twenty-Six: lovely

"Isn't it lovely all alone?
Heart made of glass,
My mind of stone,
Tear me to pieces,
Skin and bone,
Hello,
Welcome home."

"Yeah?!" Harry yells loudly, In front of a whole restaurant. "It's not MY fault, YOU'VE been with your ex!" He yells as I sit there and calmly sip my drink as everyone watches.

"Well, Harry. It's not MY fault, that you're NEVER home and YOURE insecure because I have a FRIEND. I don't think this working anymore!" I say, loudly

Harry scoffs, "I'm not friends with any of my ex's."

"That's because they can't stand you."

Some people gasp as I stand, taking my purse and turning around, walking out as Harry yells again.

"WELL! IT'S OVER CHARLOTTE. FOR GOOD!" He yells.

"That's fine with me Harold." I say calmly and loud as I walk out.

I jump in my car as the valet passes me my keys.

Message sent to Harry:
  Do you think they believed it? x

Message received from Harry:
They'd be bonkers not too, see you next week for coffee x

I laughed at Harry's response as I continued driving back to a studio apartment that David and I had rented for our own privacy and also so any paparazzi wouldn't think anything of it.

I walk through the door and smile at David who's lounging on the couch.

"It's already blown up." He says, "What's next?"

"We stay hidden for as long as we want." I smile. "Isn't that lovely?"

I lounge into his body and he kisses my head.

"All alone, no one to bother us." He laughs as he snuggles into me.

"I can't wait for the twitter mentions and YouTube comments and all the negative comments to come." I sigh.

"All for popularity, isn't that weird?"

"Isn't it weird how two years ago, I was just a normal girl and now my manager thinks it's best if I publicly broke up with my fake boyfriend so that I could spend time with my real boyfriend?" I laugh, sarcastically, "when did life get so complicated?"

He laughs as he kisses the top of my head again. "You've always been complicated, Char. That's what makes you, you."

We laugh and lay together, watching some Netflix.

•••

A few days have passed and the hate was so bad I had to turn off my instagram comments, my twitter mentions and I tried to avoid social media all together.

I'm in the store, wandering down the isles, picking up some snacks for the party Heath and Kara wanted to host tonight.

I chuck random snacks I know everyone enjoys into the basket before I hear someone taking photos of me and giggling, from behind me.

As I turn I see from the corner of my eye, two girls not much older than I am, taking photos and snickering. I clenched my car keys tighter in my hand as a nervous habit as they continued to follow me around.

As I'm putting the last of the snack on the checkout for the cashier, they stand behind me. My keys are still clenched in my hand tightly.

"I can't believe Harry and David both chose her." I hear one of them say.

The cashier lady looks at me sympathetically. I soft smile at her.

I pay and as I begin to grab my bags to leave one of them speaks up.

"It's interesting how those boys would go for you." One says.

"All those snacks are probably for her." The other one cackles.

"True, you have put on weight since Harry and it's only been 6 days or something." The first one continues, "What a fat, life ruining whore."

The other one throws water from a bottle all over me as the second one throws some sort of food at me.

"Whoops, Sorry." One says.

They laugh as I thank the lady and grab the last of my shopping.

I smile at them to say it didn't get to me, but it did and as I walk back to my car and place everything inside I lock the doors and have a full blown panic attack.

I call David as I still clench my keys in my fist.

"What's up?" He says, like he already knows.

"Can you," I try and breathe as tears are flying everywhere. "I need you." I say out of breath, a sob coming out afterwards.

"Where are you?" He says.

"I'll book you an Uber," I say, feeling light headed. "I need you to drive my car."

"I'll be there in a minute." He says, and I know his worried.

•••

Not more than 5 minutes later, I see David get out of his Uber and run out in front of traffic, being honked at as I unlock the doors and he slides in the drivers seat.

"What happened?" He says, seeing me half wet and different types of food covering me, he wipes my face as I'm still softly sobbing. "It's okay." He says softly as I rest my head on his hand.

"I don't think I want to leave the house for a bit. I want to go home." I say softly.

He nods, "keys?"

He unlocks my fingers from the keys and there's bad puncture mark and blood over my hand.

"Char." He says softly as he grabs tissues from my middle console and places them in my hand.

"I was so scared." I say softly.

"I'm gonna take you to yours, to get you cleaned up." He says as he speeds out of the car spot.

•••

Authors note:

Sorry I've been so MIA I've been going through a lot! But I'm back and hopefully getting back on schedule xx