Chapter Fourteen: She Will Be Loved

"I know I tend to get so insecure,
It doesn't matter anymore,
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
It's compromise that moves us along,
My hearts always full, my doors always open,
You can come anytime you want."

The trip was over a few days later and Char was sitting in her room, tears pooling in her eyes, pouring down her face as she read the comments on her latest video and twitter mentions.

All of them hateful, comparing her to Liza, saying David was better off, saying she would be the reason David lost everything. Usually they wouldn't get to her but today they did and as icing on top of the cake, Ashton had messaged her to let her know that her ex was back out looking for her, Ashton had lied and said she left  and went back home but he didn't believe him.

She turn on the shower and sat in the shirt she was wearing which was David's and just cried as the water poured in her. She knew David would be home from his meeting soon and didn't want him to know they got to her.

But When David arrive home he almost instantly worried after Char had been in the shower for 20 minutes without answering his knocks.

He opens the door and instantly turns off the shower before wrapping a towel around my body which felt weak and exhausted and tired.

"What happened?" He says, softly as he stands me up and peels off the wet items of clothing, before drying my body and placing on of his hoodies over my body.

"I just had a panic attack." I say, "I'm just tired." I smile softly and it's a fake smile.

"Char." David says. "I know when you're lying, it's not just because you're tired."

He rips back his blanket on his nicely made bed and places me in and turns his electric blanket it on as my body is freezing.

"Just a rough afternoon." I say as I close my eyes, trying not to cry again.

"Why Char? Talk to me." He says, softly sitting beside her.

"I can't, David. Not yet." I say softly as I start sobbing again.

"Okay Char." He says, softly caressing my cheek. "I'll cancel my plans and stay with you."

"No, don't." I says softly, "Natalie's here, right?" I say referring to his assistant that moved in a few days ago.

"Yeah." He says.

"Go, I'll be fine." I smile as he kisses my forehead.

"I'll be home soon." He says softly.

A few hours pass and I'm sitting in David's bed and Ashton calls to check in on me.

"Hey Ash." I say softly,

"How are you?" He says, "are you okay?"

"I panicked a little. I haven't told David yet. Should I tell David about both?"

Ashton sighs, "you should let him know." He says, "if I were him, I would want to know what's happening. Char, there's also rumours in some teen magazine about.." Ashton pauses.

"About what?" I say, my heart skipping to David.

"About you and I." He says, "last month, there's a photo that looks like it's of us and obviously it's not us but people are saying it's us kissing."

"You have to tell everyone about Katy then, Right?" I say, referring to the girl he was kissing, she was often confused for me.

"I can't Char, my label doesn't think I can speak out about it." He says, "it'd be bad for our image and we just released our album."

I sigh, "right, it's okay, I'll deal with it." I say.

About two hours pass and Natalie pokes her head in David's room.

"Uh, so I have to go pick up David." She says, awkwardly, "he's drunk, so just be prepared." She smiles as she closes the door and leaves.

•••

David stumbles through the door as Natalie is trying to help him walk.

I get up and help her as he stands by himself and Natalie walks out as she says goodnight.

"You gonna go to sleep now, Dave?" I say softly as he stumbles to his bed and sits down.

"You're not allowed to call me that anymore." He says, loudly, almost yelling.

"What's wrong?" I say as he looks mad.

"What's wrong? Hmm Char." He says, "let me think. I come home earlier to my girlfriend, having a breakdown in the shower, I help her, put her in my bed, kiss her before I leave and then when I leave and arrive at the boys house they show me pictures of her kissing Ashton. Her supposable best friend. Is that why you were upset Char?" He begins yelling.

"No, that wasn't me, David, I swear I would never hurt you like that. It's his girlfriend that he isn't allowed to have. You're drunk, you need to sleep."

He begins slurring, "And you're not Liza. Liza would of never done this." He spits as his head hits the pillow and he instantly falls asleep.

As I walk out of his room, Natalie is in the kitchen. Tears are in my eyes as I look at her.

"Are you okay? I heard that. He didn't mean it like that."

"If he didn't mean it like that, Nat, then what does it mean?" I say as I laugh through my tears.

"He doesn't mean anything babe," She says, "he's just drunk and stupid. He's even stupid when he's sober."

I laugh at her as she hugs me and I hug her.

"I can't believe he thinks I would do that to him." I say, as I wipe my tears.

"I think he's just got it twisted, you were upset before and he was confused as to why so."

"The ex, David told you about? The one that hurt me? He was allowed out of rehab today. He came looking for me. I just panicked and then I read comments on my videos and on twitter and they were all mean, not one nice one. It was just a lot." I say, wiping my tears again.

"Oh Char," She says as she hugs me again.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, try to atleast." I smile, "thanks for listening to me."

"Anytime, Char." She smiles, "I've got you."

•••