Untitled Part 66

Chapter 66

The lights are wrapped in silk, making the initially bright theater dim.

With the tip of his nose covered in cobwebs, Jian Hua saw several bizarre things in the corner. The most obvious is a spherical object depressed in the middle, like——

"A monkey's skull." Li Fei's eyes are better than Jian Hua's.

"It looks like it has eaten a lot."

Jian Hua looks up. On four sides are large webs that still hang hard black objects, kind of like a peel, only with some extra hair.

Spiders don't have powerful digestive organs, so there is no tooth, but there is a pair of sharp forceps outside the mouth. It is used to tear open a prey or attack, but it can't be used for chewing. It callously kills the prey, by injecting toxins, letting the prey die off in pain and paralyzed, wrapping it in silk and slowly enjoy it.

At that time, the prey's insides would become a heap of bloody water, and the spider will directly discard the shell after sucking.

Common spiders eat insects, and the insect shell is equivalent to a bone, very hard. Their bodies are hanging on the web, but if you look closely, there's nothing in their eyes.

After replacing the prey with monkeys......

A natural fear and hate rise spontaneously. God knows the cause of death for these prey: Toxins will go into the blood and into the heart. Death would be painful but fast, or it will start from under your skin......

"Jian Hua."

"It's nothing." Jian Hua closed his eyes, forcing himself to forget about the mushrooms.

Among the bodies of the monsters buried in the mushroom forest, there is no such horror like skin and bones.

The mycelium, after leaving the Corgi, resumed its relaxed state. Under the urging of Jian Hua's thoughts, it slowly divulges some fine white threads, gently opening a cobweb, making the spider silk shift position, and letting Li Fei and Jian Hua pass smoothly.

The cobweb itself is sticky, but there's not the slightest effect.

The spider webs will not detect the struggles of the "prey", so it's owner certainly did not act.

In the original spacious space inside the theater, because of the complex web, the area that they can move in is narrow, and the air is filled with a faint stench.

There are a few small paw prints on the floor.

Li Fei crouched to view it. The paw prints are in between the silky web with something like a dark green fiber.

"The same place as your abilities. The giant spider must have put its reserve food near the stage, and the Corgi may have scratched the surface of a chair or a curtain when he escaped......"

Jian Hua did not speak.

Deep into the spider's nest, the risk can be imagined.

Li Fei looks more casual than him. However, he was cautious of the danger and full of vigilance.

This is really a bad habit! Jian Hua removes his eyes, silently thinking, how many villains became like that because they want to pursue the excitement, the adventure, to experience the satisfaction of conquest, to feel the loser's weakness and leaving them to the gutters, stumbling into the hands of the protagonist.

Knowledge, strength, and luck, all are indispensable.

Li Fei has the first two, but the third point, it's the key to winning or losing the battle with the protagonist.