Untitled Part 159

Chapter 159

On the other side of the ocean.

A clock ticked and tocked amidst the silence of the night as cigar smoke lingered in a room. The bone-ceramic ashtray was gently tapped, leaving a few gray marks on the white inner lining.

The slender fingers holding the cigar had a somewhat limp and pale skin.

On the middle finger is an exquisite opal ring with a delicate bottom. A soft light came through the gaps in the curtains and reflected on the stone, emitting an ice-cold but beautiful shine.

The man's face is hidden in the dark room. His coat hung on the coat rack, so he only wore a silky gray shirt. One hand is on the armrest with the red light from the cigar illuminating it.

He brought the cigar to his mouth. At this moment, the door was gently knocked.

"Come in." He said in Italian.

The man's voice was hoarse and magnetic, like the devil's whisper. Every syllable seemed elegant, and you could hear from the voice that he's no longer young, but it didn't reduce his charm. Instead, it added another layer of ambiguous sound that made his tone even more confusing to people. It made people can't help but think about the meaning of his words.

The door was pushed open, and light reached the dark corner.

The person who entered didn't even dare lift his head, just timidly bowed then said, "Those strange book transmigrators are all dead. We found some who lost their memory and said that they didn't remember anything that happened since November of last year. Mr. Morenza, do you want to talk to them personally?"

The man waved, not speaking.

Someone standing by the door, a bodyguard in a black suit wearing sidearms and sunglasses, pressed on his earpiece and listened to a few words. Then the bodyguard walked into the room, whispering, "He woke up."

The cigar heavily smashed on the ashtray, extinguishing the fire.

The man opened a drawer on the table, taking out a black semi-automatic pistol from inside.

With bullets in the gun, slender fingers fiddled with the safety mechanism then stuffed it into the holster on his waist.

Mr. Morenza's nephew was recuperating at home two weeks ago, just one floor away from this smoking room. Wolf Morenza abruptly rechecked the pistol, touching the safety once again. After Wolf heard the news, his atmosphere changed, scaring the people waiting at the door.

——is the East Coast's Godfather planning to kill his nephew?

Federico Morenza is an ability holder. The ability holders loyal to Wolf rescued him from the Mexican border which involved a teenager named "Johnson Brown" who was secretly pursued by the US government. Now, however, the boy had disappeared. Also, Federico suddenly "deteriorated" ten days ago and was suddenly dying. This coincided with the other book transmigrator's sudden deaths. Although Wolf Morenza banned everyone from talking about it, everyone had their own guess at heart.

The existence of book transmigrators, their origin, and their ending is no secret to anyone here. Combined with this situation, everyone began to suspect that this American singer was also "occupied," which is a big deal!

"Mr. Morenza, please calm down!" Outside of Federico's room, the private doctor of the Morenza family took out a handkerchief and wiped the sweat on his forehead.

"The patient just woke up, so we're still unable to confirm his identity......"

Wolf is not in the mood to listen to him as he signaled the bodyguard to open the door.