Untitled Part 142

Chapter 142: Siege

Giant spider world, the cave where Jian Hua and Li Fei had been.

As the temperature rose, the spiders perched nearby fled. The originally dark and damp cave became unbearably hot, and Old Cheng covered his chest, gasping while forcing a smile.

Ordinary people can't stand such a hot and humid place, not to mention he's too old.

Old Cheng heard bubbling from the pool in the middle of the cave.

Old Cheng, who had been to the mountains as a young man, looked carefully. His expression changed; this is a hot spring.

This hot spring is different from an onsen, the latter is for pleasure, while this hot spring can reach up to ninety degrees. No matter what fell in, it'll be boiled alive. As the steam filled the cave, how could it not be hot?

The violently moving hot spring represented the frequent movement from the Earth's crust so there might be an active volcano nearby.

In the case of an earthquake, the consequences could be disastrous.

Old Cheng used his cane to pull out the spider silk. The cobwebs were originally woven very thickly, but after being covered by the steam, its viscosity began to decline. The air was filled with a strange smell which is the paralytic toxin on the spider silk. Old Cheng felt dizzy when he walked for less than five meters, so he hurriedly retreated.

Old Cheng was distraught.

It wasn't long before he found the gap in the rock walls where he could escape. He tested the width. Being fat or thin is not the problem; it's just that he can't see the end. In case it's a dead end, he may get stuck halfway even when he wanted to go back.

Old Cheng sighed. He didn't expect that after seeing a lifetime of ups and downs, he's finally going to die in such a strange place.

"Nn?"

Footprints are next to the rock wall, and there are more than one.

At this time, Old Cheng didn't know that Jian Hua also joined the giant spider world one-way tour package. The news that Li Fei and Jian Hua disappeared half a month ago just came, and then Red Dragon Base ushered in an Australian A-class ability holder, Rem.

Red Dragon knew the existence of the giant spider world from Rem.

This is a place where life is extinct and where spiders have no natural predators. They're also getting bigger and bigger that they ended up eating almost all the creatures in this world. No matter where you go, there'd be spider silk......

With no food, the spiders killed and hunted each other.

Spider silk covered the vegetation, so the trees and grasslands are beginning to disappear.

Red Dragon researchers speculated Earth's own space might have been influenced by the book transmigrators, damaging the "shell" and making it very easy to penetrate, hence why the hole in the sky came early. At the same time, it provoked a "peng ci scam" from the giant spider world which is facing biological extinction and trying to get rid of all the "scourges".

Earth might not be the first place where a "spider" was thrown into and shouldn't be the last one. Just look at how long they've been connected, if they get stuck, Earth is in big trouble.

If it emptied all the spiders to their world, it'd be an extraordinary amount. Ordinary ability holders would find it difficult to deal with it.

Old Cheng attended the discussion meeting but didn't expect that when he turned around, he'd come and experience it himself.