Untitled Part 148

Chapter 148: Deviation

This is the fifth day that Old Cheng went missing from Red Dragon Base.

Rem, the A-class ability holder from Australia, wasn't informed about it. He was in high spirits and asked the English-speaking ability holders to take him to the famous attractions in Haicheng. He also said that he'd long wanted to travel to China, just that he'd been too busy.

Saying such a story, Zhang YaoJin just grunted, sending someone to go with him.

Sure enough, it didn't take two rounds for the professional engineer wind ability holder to become bold as he took an interest in everything. He especially liked to visit various high rise buildings and was very fond of the TV Towers and the bank's financial buildings. Several times, he almost "strayed" into government agencies.

When Rem came, many people had seen it, so the news can't be concealed.

Some people with ulterior motives did everything possible to get in touch with him.

The news that Li Fei and others disappeared in a small town near Jiangnan also spread. Those ambitious Black Abyss ability holders who stayed in Haicheng immediately moved their minds.

——they have power, so they're anxious to change their lives.

The result? They all made it to Red Dragon's blacklist.

Major Zhang sent people to pick up Geng Tian (from their route, he still didn't know that Geng Tian also disappeared), making sure to investigate the relationship between the void and the spider world and be combat ready to prevent the worst.

Zhang YaoJin has a busy schedule every day, but Haicheng's monsters were gradually cleared. He then set about working on the "building repairs". There are still eight months until the end of the Abandoned World, but the sooner the city is restored, the smaller the effect to ordinary people at the moment they returned to China.

To clean up the collapsed ruins and rebuild the houses as much as possible......earth and wood ability holders became the leading force since they can make a living just by doing manual labor. Also, the houses did not need to be the same as the original, as long as it's roughly the same.

Those that are destroyed too thoroughly are simply cleaned up while leaving a thick pad specially used in mountaineering or rescue operations to guarantee that people from the fourth or fifth floor wouldn't fall to their deaths.

"We can't save everyone, but ensure that there are more survivors."

Red Dragon didn't force other ability holders to do the same, but more and more joined in.

The city is full of desolation. In such a world, so what if you become the king?

No internet, no entertainment, no electricity, no variety of food......while the ability holders hated the ordinary people since they don't have to suffer like them, they're also happy at gaining extraordinary power. Most of them joined the "reconstruction" with a sense of superiority, lamenting the fragility of ordinary people who won't even know how they died.

Kind-hearted people are happy to save others.

Vain people saved others for self-satisfaction.

No matter in what state of mind, they can be a labor force. Who would live in this world and not be Ah Q? At least it's better than those who are driven mad by despair.

There's a simple time calculation device in the base. Every morning, the first thing Zhang YaoJin did after he woke up is listening to his subordinates' reports. Most of it is about Haicheng and its surroundings' detailed progress of the repair process, whether they're experiencing problems, what's the specific situation, and sometimes, he even had to go on site to see it in person.