Untitled Part 153

Chapter 153: Mission

Canteen dishes are known to be the ninth largest cuisine in China, the type that is difficult to describe.

The food in the Red Dragon base is not unpalatable, but it's also not easy to eat. The buildings here had the style of the last century, how can the canteen food be an exception?

There are obviously different dishes, but the taste is almost the same. The minced pork tofu had a strong feeling of soybean paste, the stir-fried eggplants also had the flavor of soybean paste. The green cabbage boiled in water is so soft that even an old lady with no teeth could eat it, but the nutrition is roughly sufficient. If the soup is poured on the rice, it will make the hard rice grains easier on the mouth. If you casually scooped from a large vat of soup, although it's said to be a cabbage leaf soup, there'd be no more than two leaves in a bowl. To be honest, drinking this is no different from any green leafed soups since you'll only taste salt and oil.

After staying in the Abandoned World for four months, even such canteen food is incredibly delicious in the eyes of the ability holders.

The people in the Red Dragon base can still taste salt, but the base also studied how to enhance the taste of various monster materials on a daily basis, or else, their mouths would become bland or jittery, unable to taste anything else.

And now, tasting the food in their mouths, the taste of chili sauce is very delicious, and they can't help but want to eat three bowls.

With the corgi's special status, it can have delicious unsalted pork ribs. It happily chewed, tired of the usual canned dog foods even though it's flavored——even the dog didn't like those days in the Abandoned World.

Li Fei did not give TuanTuan any preferential treatment.

The army's canteen food, even if the taste is not good, should be up to standard with the health code......

Li Fei didn't have much time to hesitate. As the smell of food drifted over, he decided to fill his stomach first. He was initially reluctant to return to the Red Dragon base, but thinking about the mess outside right now where you can't even eat any hot dishes, not to mention a few dishes with soup, complete with meat and vegetables.

Johnson held back and didn't eat, he was always cautious.

But this is not the Abandoned World where the "meat" would deliver itself to the door. Red Dragon base is also heavily guarded with armed soldiers everywhere, making Johnson immediately shrank back.

The disaster relief scenes across the country are displayed on the TV on the canteen with experts also waxing rhetorics about the cause of this disaster.

Johnson didn't understand Chinese, but he could understand the images. The teenager isn't stupid, so it soon dawned on him that this disaster had spread all over the world. The people here didn't lie to him, he really can't go back in a short time.

He looked at the food in front of him, scooping vegetables with a big spoon but putting it back. It wasn't long before Johnson looked at it again. The skinny Zhao Wen, who happened to be in the canteen, saw it, then quickly scooped some.

A foreign kid suddenly appeared in the Red Dragon base. Zhao Wen found it strange but looking at Johnson just watching even with a growling belly and even shrinking behind the pillars, reminded him of the poor kids he met in Myanmar during his drug enforcement days.

Johnson didn't dare eat. He watched for a long time before his eyes fell on the steamed bread.

——this thing looked a bit like bread.