September 1968- A Week Later

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since the last update, I went on a cruise and didn't have internet connection. These flashback portions are a bit harder to write for me, not for any particular reason, I just feel more connected to the story going on in the present, but I also feel that these portions are necessary. The beginning chapters are always the hardest for me to write, but I still love these characters and have a few of the later chapters already written adn can't wait to reach them. Thank you so much to everyone who has continued reading, I will try to update more frequently.

Also, I've never been to Abbey Road Studios, I've just been in google images trying to get a feel for the space, but in the end, there will probably be discrepancies in my description of the place and the actual layout, but it's fiction ;) Also, this phot is what they looked like in Spetember of 1968, just for reference,  hope you all enjoy.

"Are we going to go to school?" I asked Linda one morning, while she was lying on the couch eating crisps and watching television.

"Not today, silly," she said, giggling, reeking of marijuana. "It's Saturday."

"That's not what I mean."

"I know what you meant, Lo," Linda said, sighing. She leaned back onto the sofa and flexed and pointed her feet. "Why are you so obsessed with school? Why can't you just enjoy the fact that you're living in a rock star's house? Not just any rock star; a Beatle! I didn't learn a lick in school, didn't show up half the time, and look how good I turned out."

"But if we don't go to school, Dad'll get custody of us again."

This made her stand up. She grasped the arm of the couch to steady herself. She was wearing floral sleep shorts and a white, man's button down. "That will never happen. You hear me? Never! You and Jack are my babies and we'll be together forever."

"Then we need to go back to school."

She huffed, wandering over to the stairs, shouting up them, "Paul, come down here!"

"Why don't you come up here?" he called back mischievously. 

"I'm serious; get dressed and come down here." She stumbled into the kitchen and I followed her, mostly out of curiosity.

Paul came jogging down the stairs, surprisingly sober looking. His idea of 'dressed' appeared to be athletic shorts and no shirt. He stood tall, arms folded. To me, he looked like those Grecian Statues at the Met, almost god-like.

"Is something wrong?" he asked Linda.

"I need to sign the kids up for school, as soon as possible." She opened a drawer and pulled out a telephone directory, then sat at the table to flip through it. "I'm going to be busy, so maybe you could take Jack and Lo out with you?"

"Uh, sure, yeah." He ruffled his hair sleepily, not trying to be sexy, but succeeding anyway. "I was going to go to Abbey Road to put the finishing touches on the album with the lads, so they can just come with me."

"Jack will love that," I said, not knowing where my desire to speak came from.

"What about you?" Paul said, coming up and ruffling my hair. "Did you like the album?"

I nodded, not quite knowing what to say. It was fine, not as much fun as some of the others, but what did I know? I could read sheet music and play a little piano. Jack thought the record was great, and he knew as much about music as anyone else I'd ever met. He really would love to watch the whole band in their element. I knew without asking that his deepest hope was that one of them would hear him playing and ask him to help with a song. 

"Well, you should get dressed," Linda said, blinking languidly as she slumped into a seat at the kitchen table. "Wear something nice."

Just as I was heading up the stairs, Paul leaned over to whisper to me, his voice raspy with sleep, "Don't worry about looking perfect; wear whatever you'd like."