Chapter 44: What Do I Want?

So Wattpad hasn't updated the stats on any of my stories, which is hella annoying. It hasn't interefed with my ability to update or my reads or votes, but I love looking at the demographics and unique readers and stuff like that. It's really motivating and helps me guage which chapters are being enjoyed the most and stuff like that, so I'm just kind of sad that it's broken, but we're still here with a nice, long chapter, so that's good XD

Also, I looooove this interview with Keith Richards, and I imagine that's how the interview in this chapter went, just in case you were curious. Hope you enjoy!!!

I don't know what I expected when returning home- Keith ready to take me out, insisting Paul wouldn't have a problem with it- but I certainly wasn't prepared for the black cloud that hung over our living room that Monday afternoon. I dropped my rucksack in the foyer, stepping over the threshold carefully, three sets of eyes turning to me.

"Where's Linda?" I asked.

"Feeding Mary." Paul turned to face me, stuffing his hands into his front pockets nervously. "Keith and Anita will bring you back by nine; you have school tomorrow after all."

"Of course." 

Without another word, he spun around and headed for the stairs, and I noticed a sweat patch on his lower back; something had him all worked up. 

I didn't have time to ponder his odd behavior because Keith's arm snaked around my waist, lips pecking me on the forehead. "Come on, love, we've got somewhere to be," he murmured against my brow.

"Wait, where?" I asked anxiously. "I'm not dressed for it." But he dragged me out the front door anyway, nodding flirtatiously at the Beatlemaniacs waiting beyond the gate. 

"Don't worry about it." Anita sidled up next to me in the back of their car. "I like you in that uniform." She nipped at me like a cat, making my palms go sweaty.

"Where to, rockstars?"

My head snapped away from the beautiful blonde sliding a hand inside my blazer to none other than Paul's ex-driver, Robert. At first, my heart warmed; this was, after all, the man who'd driven me to and from school nearly every day for months, who greeted me with a smile on his face. But then that warmth fizzled away to a terrifying chill. He was also the only other person who knew about Paul and I, about that I night I could barely remember in the back of our car, and now he would be spending countless hours with Keith. Who knows what secrets he could let slip...

"Maybe we could go shopping?" Anita looked past me to meet her boyfriend's eye, asking for approval.

"Yeah, I've got an interview to do anyway, you can meet me there."

"This would be so sexy on you." Anita held up a slinky gold dress she'd pulled off the rack. She brought me to a thrift shop that smelled like grass and fags with a sleeping, teen girl behind the counter. 

"It's too revealing," I said wistfully because it truly was a very pretty thing.