Chapter 38: Rabid Animals

Hey, this is sort of random, but someone pointed out to me that Cameron Monaghan, the actor I chose to play Gally, is in Shameless (a show I've only seen one episode of about two years ago) playing a character whose last name is also Gallagher??? I chose the last name because it's Irish and means 'foreign/strange help/love', and because I like that book series, the Gallagher Girls. This has nothing to do with my story, but I thought it was kind of insane, like what are the odds?

Anyway, enjoy!! :D

Gally and I had sex two more times before he passed out, exhausted. To be fair, he did a lot of hard work (even though it wasn't enough to make me orgasm) and I decided to leave him to rest while I got something to eat.

I pulled my bathrobe on over my naked body before making my way downstairs. When I arrived in the kitchen, I stopped short, seeing Paul was there, eating his stupid yogurt. I contemplated tiptoeing back to my room, but then he turned around and saw me, and I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing he chased me out of my own damn kitchen. He was standing in front of the refrigerator, and I didn't want to ask him to move, so I got a slice of rye bread and some peanut butter from the cupboard.

"Saw you got some ice cream," Paul noted, leaning against the fridge casually. "Did you have some friends over?"

"Just one."

"Thelma?"

"No, you don't know him."

"Him?" He said the word slowly, carefully, like he was tasting a piece of food he didn't recognize, and he wasn't sure if he liked it. "Does this boy have a name?"

I hesitated, feeling like this was a trap, but eventually Gally was going to come downstairs, and Paul would meet him anyway. Besides, what could he do with a name? Track the kid down and have him assassinated? "Adam Gallagher," I said, shaking my previous thought out of my head. "But he prefers to go by Gallagher."

"Why?"

"I don't know. Why do you prefer to go by 'Paul', James?"

Sitting down at the table, I hoped he would move on, leave me alone, but no such luck. "Did you ask anyone if you could have a boy over? Linda perhaps?"

"What are you playing at?" I demanded, spinning around in my seat. "After what you did last night, and this morning, you're going to lecture me? I'd be at school and cheer practice if you weren't too hungover to drive me!"

He held up his hands in surrender, but it wasn't an amicable gesture; he was treating me like I was a petulant child or a rabid animal. "I was hoping I could just slip back into a parental role."

"Well, you can't, those things have to be earned."

"Then tell me how to earn it," he pleaded, kneeling down beside my seat so I had to look down to meet his eyes. "Tell me how to make it up to you."

God, why did he have to be so fucking beautiful? "Just- just leave me alone. At least for now."

"Get up!" I threw Gally's clothes at him, making him roll over and groan unhappily. I'd already showered and gotten dressed, and I was sick of him lying there in my bed. "It's time to go," I said firmly. It wasn't his fault Paul put me in a bad mood, but, unfortunately and unfairly, he was bearing the brunt of my frustration.

"What time is it?" he asked drowsily, rubbing his face.

"Seven-thirty: time to go!" 

Shrugging, he pulled on his khakis and uniform shirt, his tired hands fumbling with the laces of his shoes. When he was finally ready, he faced with a smiled. "I had a really good time today."

My chest filled with liquid guilt at how poorly I was treating him after he'd been nothing but kind to me. I leaned forward and kissed him (we were about the same height, after all) giggling at how pink his freckled cheeks became. "I did too."

I led him downstairs, holding his hand, hoping to bypass Paul altogether, but Gally wasn't having it. "Woah," he said when he saw the former Beatle in the kitchen pouring himself some milk. "You're Paul McCartney. I mean, I already knew that, and I knew Lo lived with you, but I didn't think- didn't know you'd be- I'm Gallagher, Lorraine's boyfriend."

"Nice to meet you," Paul said, face friendly as he shook the redhead's hand. Not many would notice the nearly imperceptible twitch in his jaw at the word 'boyfriend', but I did.

"Well, he should be going, got to catch a cab before it gets too late."

"That's too bad," Paul said. "You'll have to come over again so we can have a beer or two."

"Oh, I'm too young to drink," Gally lamented as I dragged him to the front door. "But I'd love to chew the fat at some point, if you want," he managed to say before disappearing down the front hallway. "What was that about?" he asked me. "We were getting along."

No, you weren't, I wanted to scream, but I maintained my composure, figuring a touch of honestly would be the best antidote to animosity. "Paul and I are... having a bit of a row."

"Over what?"

Pecking him on the cheek, I muttered, "Father-daughter stuff," before shoving him out the door.

Bit of a short one, but I'm still getting into the swing of things. Please tell me what you think or any questions you have, and vote if you liked this chapter!