Chapter 6: Never Have I Ever

This chapter is short, but there will be another one up soon. There is a lot of stuff I still want to set up before Lo's birthday party. I'm really excited about how things are coming together. Thanks everyone for being patient with me; some of the timeline and how fast or slow things happen isn't as clean as I would want it to be, but I had ideas and plot points change as I was writing. Also, I don't know if 'never have I ever' is only an American game, but I really liked the idea of them playing it. Also-also, I had no idea what to use for the picture, so it's just some random athletic shorts, haha. 

When I arrived to cheer practice, Rosemary and a few other girls were watching a dozen workers trim the grass and reseed parts of the field that needed it.

"What's going on?" I asked, tugging down my shorts even though none of the men were looking at me.

"They do this every so often," the blonde said, tightening her ponytail. "Usually they give us a warning, but I guess since it got warm so quickly, they wanted to cut the grass down before it gets overgrown. It's okay; we can use the opportunity to bond. Once everyone gets here, we'll go to the chemistry lab, they always forget to lock it."

We pushed two long tables together and sat around them, a couple of the smaller fliers (the ones who get thrown in the air) sat on other girls' laps, no one looking that disappointed to be out of the sun for today's practice.

"Alright, we're going to be playing 'never have I ever'" Rose said from the head of the table. "I'm sure everyone remembers how to play; put ten fingers up, everyone will say something they haven't done, and if you have, put a finger down. The last one to put down all their fingers wins."

"I thought you put a finger down if you have done it?" someone said.

"No, we're playing my way. Who wants to start?"

"I do!" a girl with dark hair said excitedly. "Okay, never have I ever had a crush on a teacher."

"Oh my god, everyone's had one," her friend said. And it was true, half the girls put down a finger. I didn't though, and, as the game progressed and I was "winning", I began to suspect that the real win was to lose because of how experienced you were.

When it got to be my turn, I said, "Never have I ever served detention."

No one put their fingers down except one girl, the one with pin straight blonde hair and the flat stomach I'd admired my first day.

"Thelma, you're such a delinquent," Rosemary teased.

The girl shrugged, biting her lower lip. She was sitting at the end of the table, looking bored. She'd taken her hair out of its ponytail and the scalp part of her hair was stiff with whatever products she used up until the indent of where she'd had her elastic. 

"Uh, never have I ever had sex," the brunette next to me said. I remembered her name was Cammie.

Almost no one put down their fingers, everyone giggling to each other. This was one thing I could tell it wouldn't automatically improve your cool factor to admit to. The only three who put fingers down were Thelma and Rosemary. And me.

"Lorraine?" Cammie squeaked. "I would've never guessed in a million years!"

"Who was it?" Rose asked. No one had asked about her and Thelma, so I guess their sex lives were common knowledge.

"Uh..." My stomach felt like it was full of worms and I wished I could be anywhere other than that science lab. Why had I said that? They didn't need to fucking know they I wasn't a virgin; I hardly knew who they were! "It was a friend of my brother's."

"What's his name?"

"What did he look like?"

"Does he go to our school? Do we know him?" Cammie asked.

Thelma had pulled an emery board out of her rucksack, clearly over with the conversation. I wondered if she thought they were being immature, or if she didn't like me. For some reason, I really wanted her to like me.

"He doesn't go to our school. His name is Brandon."

Hope you all enjoyed. Just so I know, would you guys mind telling me if you hate the flashbacks? I've never used them like this in a story before, and I feel like they're necessary and sometimes really enjoyable, they can also cut the tension a bit. If you could leave me your feedback on it, if you like them or not, or any other suggestions, it'd be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

My Love, My Drug, My Releaseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें