Chapter 23

A/N: Well my summer vacation clearly wasn't like how I expected it to be... I'm dead busy during these weeks. Internship, MUN, volunteer, camps, all those things that drain you of your energy... oh well now I'm back with some nice idea about this chapter, hope it'll worth all these long months. Please enjoy!!!

Yoruichi was staring out the window as she did on the day Soifon was transferred to their class. The clouds in the sky couldn't be more different from that day as well, however, something in the classroom was never the same anymore.

On that day, Yoruichi's eyes were fixed on the clouds with her mind completely empty, yet, now, her mind was only occupied by a certain person; the person that dragged Yoruichi's attention off the lessons so often lately was no longer sitting in her old seat next to Yoruichi but in the seat at the front row right in front of their sensei; the person had a really close bond with Yoruichi, however, the bond no longer seemed to exist. It was disappearing at a considerably fast rate, so fast that it actually haunted Yoruichi.

"Soifon..." Yoruichi muttered as a cloud in the sky, moving slowly, was shaped into something like a bee by the winter breeze. It had been about a month since Yoruichi and Soifon had that talk at the end of the empty corridor, and after that day, Soifon erased almost every bit of her interaction with Yoruichi in her life. "You really do shock me..." She sighed as she pulled her gaze back to the blackboard.

Yoruichi was still covered with bandages and plaster casts, but her state was a lot better than a month ago. Her ability to move freely was greatly improved as the plaster casts fixing her leg were removed, and even though those on her left arm was not yet taken off, she was still coping with everything well since her right hand was her dominant hand.

"Alright, now, I think it will be nice if we have a little challenge now. I will need someone to answer numbers thirteen, fourteen, and fifteen for me." Unohana sensei said as she turned the pages of the textbook in her hand. The students all tensed up suddenly for they all knew those who were picked would never end up well. Unohana sensei's taste for pop quizzes was brutally cruel, and she usually used these to decide whether she would give them extra work or not.

"Ah, Soifon-san, very well." Unohana sensei pointed at Soifon as she raised her hand. She always volunteered to solve problems or pop quizzes like this. "And... Inoue-san." Unohana sensei said as she spotted Inoue's raised hand. "I'll keep my fingers crossed for you." Tatsuki whispered to her as she walked past her seat. "And... oh, Shihouin-san??" Unohana sensei said, a slight surprise in her voice. "What's with the tone of surprise?" Yoruichi said, getting up and walking to the blackboard. The rest of the students in their seats all sighed in relief. They know the top three in the class would have no problem answering the questions. Yoruichi glanced over her shoulder as she took a chalk from the box and smirked at her fellow classmates. "You all owe me once." She mouthed and turned back to the blackboard.

The three of them all started answering the questions as they stood in a row in front of the blackboard with Inoue on the left, Soifon in the middle, and Yoruichi on the right. "Hm, polar curves, easy." Yoruichi thought and finished the problem quickly. She glanced over to Inoue, who was smiling about something that, Yoruichi suspected, didn't have much to do with math. She then glanced over to Soifon. She was still writing and looked determined not to glance over to Yoruichi.

"Soifon," Yoruichi whispered when Soifon finished writing and was about to leave the blackboard. She appeared not to have heard her. "Soifon!" Yoruichi called a little louder this time. She stopped and turned back. "What?" She replied with her mouth barely moving, not looking at her. "You'd better check your answer." Yoruichi said and walked back toward her seat. Soifon turned back and spotted what Yoruichi was talking about. She hastily corrected her answer and returned to her seat.