Chapter 27

A/N: HIIIIIIIII~~~~~ It's been a while again~~~ So I wrote THREE CHAPTERS IN A ROW!!!! THIS IS A TRIPLE CHAPTER UPDATE!!!!!! Please enjoy!!!

"Gakuho-sama, please forgive me for saying this, but I, as Gakuho-sama's personal assistant, do not reckon withdrawing your grasp from Ojou-sama is a wise move." A man in Japanese kimono was standing a few steps behind Soifon's father. (Yeah I made up his name. If you have some good suggestions about his name or other characters' names you can feel free to tell me :D)

Soifon's father, Fong Gakuho, was sitting in front of his desk in his study, both of his hands holding fountain pens and moving rapidly on two piles of paper, completing paragraphs after paragraphs on the left and writing down numbers and formulas of great complexity on the right. The large study was dimly lit with a few oil lamps, the fire flickering slightly, casting shadows over half of the face of the middle-aged man.

He did not immediately answer his assistant's words but continued on his work, his hands moving nonstop. A few moments later, he beckoned his assistant toward him and handed him two empty ink bottles. The assistant refilled the bottles within seconds, not spilling out any drops of ink, as if this action was an routine that happened every thirty minutes or so. Fong Gakuho remained silent until the two large piles of paper on his desk were completely finished. He put down the quills and reached his hand to his assistant without turning to him, and a cup of tea was instantly delivered to his hand.

He brought the glass to his lips slowly, took a sip, and put it down on his desk. "Tsuji," He said in a quiet tone. There was no anger, no annoyance, no condemn in the voice, but Tsuji felt a sudden chill shooting down his whole body as if he was faced with someone who had an unusually high spiritual pressure. "Has any of my decisions ever gone wrong?" Fong Gakuho asked in the same tone as he looked over his shoulder at his assistant, his sharp gaze fixed upon him.

Tsuji dropped down on one knee at that instance and bowed his head at his master, a cold sweat running down his forehead. "No, never, of course not! This is my mistake!" Tsuji said, hating himself for uttering such disrespect to the man before him. "Tsuji, all you need to do is to stay behind me and watch. That's all." Fong Gakuho said. Tsuji knelt there, head bowed and trembling slightly, not aware that his mouth was closed so tightly that he wasn't breathing. "That's right... what foolishness... how did I dare doubt Gakuho-sama... I deserve death for punishment..." The words echoed in his head as he felt more sweat trickled down his face and neck. He finally managed to open his mouth, and air burst in and hit against his lungs. He coughed and eased his breath, getting back to his feet, his fists clenched.

"Let us continue work." Gakuho ordered. Tsuji reloaded Gakuho's desk with more piles of paper, and, wasting no time, Fong Gakuho regained the pace, demonstrating that abnormal skill that even Soifon, as his daughter, could not copy. Tsuji stood there, feeling multiple emotions at the moment. He felt hatred toward what he had said to the person who he respected the most; he felt happiness that his master was willing to keep him by his side; he felt, most strongly, admiration and awe toward the man who sat in front of him now.

"Gakuho-sama, you are the one who brings about success, and you are, no doubt, the one who will bring the Fong Family to an even higher position, higher than any of your predecessors could've achieved." Tsuji said in his mind. "Everything is under control... waga musume yo..." Gakuho muttered, more to himself than to Tsuji.

Soifon sneezed. She was jus finished with the last question on the exam paper. "You have ten minutes left." Principal Yamamoto announced as he patrolled around the classroom, his sharp eyes fixed on the students taking the mock exam for the social studies final. The students could be classified into a few groups: one group of them, including Soifon, Inoue, Tatsuki, Rukia, Sado, and the other good students who really prepared hard for the exam; another group was consisted of Ichigo, Renji, Kukaku, Mizuiro, Yumichika, and some others who weren't too bad at studying and were wrecking their brains to recall what they'd crammed into their heads the night before the exam; and the last group was of those who already gave up and were sleeping, like Ikkaku, Keigo, Yoruichi, and some more, except that Yoruichi already finished the test and was so bored that she fell asleep.