Chapter 26

A/N: Hi people~~ I'm back!!!! It's winter break now!!! And it's the last week already!! And I'm feeling sad because I didn't write more!! BY THE WAY ANYONE EXCITED ABOUT JUMP FORCE???? I'M SUPER HYPED ABOUT IT!!!!! AND I REALLY LOVE THE BLEACH CHARACTERS' APPEARANCES!!! BUT I'M A BIT DISAPPOINTED THAT OUR YORUICHI-SAMA DIDN'T SEEM TO HAVE MADE IT IN THE ROSTER!!!! PERSONALLY I REALLY HOPE SHE WAS ADDED!!!!! Anyways, here's the new chapter!! Enjoy!!

It was the following Monday after the Yule Ball had ended, and the school was under a rather depressed atmosphere again because of the end of the event; however the depressed aura was mixed with some other different feelings. The first was the sickening sweetness in the air caused by the sudden increase of couples; the second was the slight excitement for the approaching of the end of term; the third was the frustration caused by the coming of the finals; and the fourth was the awkwardness exerted by the now famous two girls in 2-A, Yoruichi and Soifon.

Although on the night when the two kissed in front of the whole school Yoruichi promised that everything will be alright and not to worry, Soifon, being more reserved, serious, and sensitive than others, couldn't help but feel extremely awkward when looking at Yoruichi. On the other hand, Yoruichi, the master of shameless, was totally fine with how everything had turned out. The two's relationship didn't change in particular, but both of them knew that something was a lot different from before.

"Ne, Soifon~" Yoruichi called as the bell indicating lunchtime rang, turning to her and reaching out her hand, whining slightly for she'd been running away from her for the whole morning. Soifon's face grew bright red as she saw Yoruichi launching herself like a cat at her and rushed away with her lunchbox forgotten on the table.

"Careful, you dumbass." Kukaku grabbed the back of Yoruichi's collar before she crashed into Soifon's seat, pulling her back up to her feet. "We don't wanna see you covered in plaster casts again, especially if they're gonna be fixed on your face." She said, snickering. "How dare you mock me! I've never crashed headlong into anyone's seat before!" Yoruichi fired back, her eyebrows twitching. "Well you just almost did, and if you wanna have lunch like we used to do you'd better go chase her back." Kukaku said and picked up Soifon's lunchbox and handed it to Yoruichi. "I'll be off then, see you in a mo." She said and left for their usual lunchtime spot. "Alright, catch up with you later." Yoruichi took her own lunch and hurried out the room, thinking hard about where Soifon might go.

"Mattaku, haven't I told you everything'll be fine? What're you running away from me for??" Yoruichi muttered under her breath as she strolled down the corridor, looking into the classrooms through the windows and searching for her friend. "You need to do something with that over-serious personality of yours." She chuckled and walked on.

About two minutes later, Yoruichi found Soifon lurking around the stairs on the second floor, and, deciding not to prank her as she always did, called and tapped her on the shoulder. "Found you~" Yoruichi said, grinning and handing Soifon her lunchbox. Soifon nodded her thanks and took her lunchbox and turned away, her face so red that it might be hot enough to fry some eggs. "Come on, Soifon, where're you going?" Yoruichi grabbed her arm as Soifon was sidling away. Finally caught by Yoruichi, Soifon gave in and let her drag her back to their usual eating spot.

"You know that no one in the school really cares about what happened that night, right?" Yoruichi asked on their way there. "No, everyone's staring at us as if we're some oddballs from some alien planets!" Soifon muttered through gritted teeth, her head still bowed. "And it was kinda my fault that everything became like this..." She muttered, still not looking at Yoruichi.

"Ah don't worry, they'll lose their interest eventually. Just pretend they're potatoes or something like that." Yoruichi said, laughing loudly. Soifon sighed, but she felt relieved all the same. Despite that everyone wouldn't stop looking at them, she was pleased that she was back on speaking and joking terms with Yoruichi, which was something that she'd been desperate for during the past several weeks.