Chapter 32

A/N: HIIII~~~ TIME FOR ANOTHER TRIPLE-CHAPTER UPDATE!!!! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE WRITTEN SO MANY WORDS FOR A SINGLE CHAPTER SO I BROKE IT UP INTO THREE CHAPTERS LIKE I DID LAST TIME!!! PLEASE ENJOY XDDDD

The winter break had started, and everyone was enjoying their precious break, trying to rest and play as much as they could. Yoruichi and Yushiro continued to stay at Kukaku's house since both they and their parents agreed that they would have a better time there. During their stay at Kukaku's house, Yoruichi was wrecking her brain to think up a good plan for 2/14, and she was so distracted all the time that even Yushiro, a three-year-old, noticed something was wrong with her older sister.

"Onee-sama, are you feeling alright lately?" Yushiro asked during a video game match among Yoruichi, Kukaku, Ganju, and himself. "H-Huh?? What did you say Yushiro??" Yoruichi asked, snapping back from her own thoughts. "He's asking if you're alright." Kukaku said, her eyes fixed on the TV screen. "Yeah, now he's mentioned it, you do seem a bit weird lately, Yoruichi-san." Ganju chimed in, his eyes on the screen as well and his fingers moving rapidly on the game controller.

"Yeah? What makes you say that??" Yoruichi asked somewhat absent-mindedly. "Okay, let's just pause the game for now." Kukaku said as she hit the pause button and dropped the controller in her lap. "Yushiro-chan you tell her what's wrong." She said to Yushiro, and he nodded, shifting in his seat and turning to Yoruichi. "Onee-sama, we're playing Mario Cart now." He said, and Yoruichi nodded. "Yeah I'm aware of that." She said. "But you're going at the opposite direction from the race track the whole time." He said with a small concerned frown.

Yoruichi froze for a few seconds and her head snapped toward the screen. Indeed, on the paused screen, she saw the turn around sign hovering above her character. She turned back with an awkward laugh. "Ahaha... sorry..." She said, heaving a sigh. "I think I need some time and space now." She stood up and walked off. "Can I borrow some of your manga?" She asked Kukaku over her shoulder, and she nodded. "I'll be fine, don't worry." She said and left Kukaku's game room. "What happened to Onee-sama? Is she sick??" Yushiro asked worriedly, his large watery eyes fixed on Kukaku.

"Well, you could say that I guess." Kukaku said, sighing as well. "Ehh?? Then isn't it bad?? What sickness is Onee-sama suffering from now?? Can we help her?? Does she need the doctor??" Yushiro asked worriedly again, and Kukaku and Ganju couldn't help but laughed. "She's fine. She's just lovesick." Kukaku laughed. Yushiro turned confusedly to Ganju with the same frown, and he patted his head, ruffling the hair that was the same color as Yoruichi's. "You'll understand when you grow up, kiddo. Your Onee-sama is just experiencing a change in her life and needs time to adjust to it. Now, all we can do is just look after them and wish them their best." Ganju said reassuringly to the little boy who was so worried about his older sister.

"Hm, Ganju, what's got to you? How come all of a sudden you're able to say something containing such high level of wisdom??" Kukaku asked, snickering, and Ganju raised his fist indignantly. "My face might not look that good but behind my face there is still an organ called the brain alright??" He said indignantly. "Okay okay we know that." Kukaku said, and the three all burst into laughing.

On the other hand, Yoruichi was sitting in the sofa in Kukaku's bedroom with piles of manga scattered around her, but she wasn't really reading them. She was staring at the text message she received from Soifon a few days ago.

Soifon: We've recruited quite a few people to join our training, and in order to achieve the highest effectiveness of our training, we decided to put away our phones during the session, so I won't be able to text you for a couple of days. Sorry, Yoruichi-san, but as soon as we're finished, I'll let you know about everything immediately.

Yoruichi understood the importance of the competition to Soifon, but still, she was having quite a hard time thinking that she wouldn't be able to chat with her for two weeks, which was already too long for her now. One week had passed now, and she was already feeling that her mind was falling apart. She picked up a random manga book and banged her head with it. The manga was the first volume of Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. "Man, I can't think of anything else now... I need some stupidity to fill my head up..." She muttered and started reading the manga, and the last thought before she had her mind going blank again was about Soifon of course.