Prologue: Y/n L/n

(EDITED/UPDATED FIRST PUBLISHED JULY 7TH 2018)

Disclaimer- This chapter is by far the most edited from the original story because it was written by a depressed 16 year old who had no idea this story would get more than 20 reads. As a 21 year old making the Y/n's family life basically Harry Potter is too overplayed, and honestly does not matter in the span of this story. I think I was just trying to set up a reason that Y/n would not care about getting home. This chapter is also the shortest, I usually strive for 2,000 words or more per chapter.
__________________________

Naruto Uzumaki, a name known worldwide, is celebrated and loved. Just the word Naruto has its transformational fandom. The sense of intensity and laughter throughout the beloved show brings the community together. One person in this community, Y/N L/N, was your average teenage fangirl. Spending way too much time on Tik Tok, Wattpad, A03, and Tumblr, fandom was everything to her. It made her feel like she belonged somewhere, and being that she was a 16 year old highschooler, it was basically a necessity.

Y/n had most recently just finished binge watching all of Naruto. And with her teenage emotional outbursts it was very easy to feel as though no one understood her. She quickly found solace in Naruto, with the coming of age story alleviating her feeling of being an outsider. So within 3 months of obsessive watching and illegally downloading Naruto episodes, she had watched it all. Y/N had read every bit of manga, watched every movie, every episode Shippuden included, and she was proud to call herself an expert.

But what she never expected was Naruto to be as real as she wished it to be. After all it was just fiction, just a story, there was no way for her to actually be there. Right?