The Most Anticipated Two

Disclaimer- I do not own Naruto or you
Happy Belated Halloween! It was recently my Senior Homecoming for me and my last Halloween as a child so I was working on both my dress for Homecoming and my Halloween costume(I was Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle, with her brown hair so it was the teal green dress). I mean I finally learned how to use a sewing machine and make something without a pattern (kinda). So that was educational. Anyways, onto the story!
__________________________
Y/n made it back up to the others where Naruto and Shikamaru asked her why she took so long and why she looked so 'off'. She shrugged them off and went to sit with Sakura.
"Hey."
"Oh hi Y/n."
"Didn't hurt ya too bad did I?"
"No. Sorry I'm just, I'm not as strong as you and I know that."
The h/c haired girl sighed and mumbled, "You will be."
"What was that?"
"Nothing. Oh look Sasuke's here. Told ya."
Sakura instantly perked up and smiled. "Yeah, oh and Kakashi-Sensei's with him. He's cuter than I remember isn't he?"
"He has to trim his bangs, they're a little too long, it's not a good look on him."
"Don't be rude!" Sakura side eyed Y/n curiously and slyly,"So... Who's gonna win? It's Sasuke right? He's so strong, and I'm sure Kakashi-Sensei has been training him really well. That's what they're late right?"
Y/n sighed holding up a finger, "One. Spoilers," she put up another finger, "Two, yes they were training that's why they're late. And, three calm down okay."

Hayate went over the rules with the two boys in the arena below, but Y/n was more fixed on Kakashi who was in the stands chatting with Gai.
'Huh, he's awfully nonchalant.'
'He's always like that.'
'Yes well, I suppose I can't help but notice given what's about to happen.'
'This won't be your fault, don't blame yourself so far ahead, Hayate's alive, there's more defense around the village, things may turn out the same but the destruction will be more limited.'
'Yes, but-'
'Just shut up and watch.'

Y/n cut off the mental connection for the time being to focus and let her eyes wander around the arena, 'one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve. 12 Anbu- four more than there would have been, but most of them are fakes, imposters this is bad. The others, the real ones must be around the village, it should help, in a way. But still, is it enough? Calm down Y/n- the match is starting. Just breathe-'

"Y/n?"
"Uh-yes? Sorry lost in thought."
Sakura's voice had startled her, but she knew what the pink haired girl was going to ask.
"Sasuke- well you as well. The mark-"
"It's nothing of concern as of now Sakura. Don't worry, I'd tell you if it was."
"Oh, that's a relief. But-"
"Shhhh. It's starting."

Gaara and Sasuke walked forward to meet each other as Hayate raised his arm above his head. It was as if the entire stadium, if that's what you could call it, leaned forward in anticipation as he brought his arm down and said, "Begin!" Before jumping away.

Sand instantly poured out of the container on Gaara's back and Sasuke jumped back a few feet, gauging the sand carefully. As Sasuke stared forward and waited Gaara jolted and grabbed his head, seeming to be in pain before smiling like the little lunatic he is and whispering mother under his breath.

Y/n started twitching as she felt Shukaku's madness and bloodlust grip on her conscious through the connection that all tailed beasts have. And this is was no surprise that Ryoko smashed through the little barrier Y/n set up to clear her head and snapped her out of it. The way she snapped her out of it was to say the least painful, it felt as though Y/n's bones were on fire.
'Owwww what the fuck!!!!!'
'We don't need you having a psychotic break right now.'
'Well screw toy Ryoko! Screw you!'
'Hey I took temporary control of your muscles and nerves, the pain didn't actually exist, you didn't even flinch.'
'Whatever- shit what happened'