All This Waiting is Insane

Disclaimer- I do not own Naruto or you. Sorry for this rant.
So I recently just spent 30 dollars on Naruto manga, it was two of the three in one book set. So I regret nothing, nothing to come from that I just wanted to tell someone. Anyways, this is not some regular fanfic where the reader falls into the world of Naruto and everyone loves her. I'm trying to be realistic with my own twist. If anyone has any suggestions where I can improve my story and writing. As I am only a highschool student, I'd love some help that isn't my English teacher giving me a C for not following her ultra specific rubric for a essay, (such as using is, be, was, in the quotes from the book! She literally did this to my entire honors class. Just because you're having home issues doesn't mean you get to take it out on your students. MICHELLE, I don't know why you'd be reading this but, I'm still salty about it.). So anyways please don't hesitate to be critical. Thank you!!! Also I recently found another Fic on quotev with a dragon tailed beast that's more powerful than the ten tails..... Fuck. Well I thought I was being original, but the drawing is still mine, I looked up how to draw a dragon and added a bunch of tails, and the name for her is too, I think. But I mean there's a ton of Naruto fics with the reader has a wolf tailed beast, I think, so yeah. I chose the dragon for aesthetic, and trying to be 'original'. Oh well. Wow 280 word intro, to the story!
__________________________
Sakura had been guarding Tazuna as he worked on the bridged. Y/n focused on the surroundings as Sakura insisted they were the best to guard the Bridge Builder.

Y/n was stirred from her thoughts as one of the workers walked to speak with Tazuna.

"Uh, I need to talk to you."
"Huh? What about?"
"Thing is I've been thinking an awful lot about the bridge, and I've decided I've pushed my luck far enough, I want out."
"Just like that?! Now you're going to quit on me?! You're kidding!"
"You know, I said on because of our friendship but I'm putting my life in the line everyday I stay here. Gato and his thugs will show up eventually. When they do... They'll kill you mad the bridge will never get finished anyway. It's a lost cause Tazuna. Why don't we stop now when we can still get out of this alive?"
" No chance. This is our bridge, our island is poor and it'll stay that way until this bridge connects us to the mainland. Commerce, trade, and hope that what we're building here."
"It's not going to be much hope if we're all dead."
"It's already noon, let's break for lunch."
"Tazuna, let's not end it like this..."

Sakura turned to Y/n as the two continued their banter.
"This is bad, if this keeps happening then-"
"Shh! Everything will be fine, I know it."

The girls had long 'perfected' their training, yet the boys were still at it. They had taken to walking through town for lunch with Tazuna.

Shouts of "Thief!" was treated as mindless chatter.

Everyone seemed so lost and devoid of hope. Y/n who had since become acclimatized to Sakura, shot her a knowing yet sympathetic glance. The situation was desperate for the people, Sakura knew that surely. Still, it saddened the two to no end.

They followed Tazuna into the store staring in bewilderment.
'How can anyone live like this? There's barely any food and supplies.'
Y/n felt someone reaching towards her, she immediately swung a kick.
"Hands Off!"
Sakura threw a punch.
"You Pervert!"
'Okay, Sakura misread that.'
__________________________
"Wow, you girls really surprised me back there. Girls 'round here don't fight like that."
Sakura's face turned into one of confident anger.
"They should somethings seriously wrong here."
A hand tugged at the back of Sakura's top.
She whirled around shouting, "Hey Buster!"
She faced a small child who held his hands out smiling. "Please?"
"Uh. Here."
"Oh thank you!"
"This is how it's been since Gato's came here. The children suffer and the adults are too scared to stand up to him."
Y/n stared sadly at the child with hollow eyes and messy hair as Tazuna droned on.
"They'll believe that they can live with dignity. We can't let Gato stop us."
__________________________