Naruto's Rival and My Future Ninja Team

Disclaimer: I do not own you or (sadly) Naruto
Okay so I'm a trash person and haven't uploaded in a like three months. All I can say is sorry. My mental health has taken a turn for the worse with High School piling on the workload, that and my cat died recently so I'm just ugh. I think I'm going to upload two chapters every other week on Saturday. But I'm just writing chapter after chapter to make up for the fact that I'm a trash human being. They may be posted either today or tomorrow. Btw I have nothing against Neji, I just believe he wouldn't like the reader at first because she is friends with Naruto. Also to be clear, you hang out with Naruto quite a bit, but everyone including Naruto is kind of hesitant around you. They don't really understand why you're so different.Anyways without further ado. Let's get into the chapter.
__________________________
Y/n waited for Naruto to get his picture done, he had convinced her to help paint his face. Y/n couldn't stop laughing, Naruto didn't seem to be offended though.
" Listen kid. You sure you want me to take your picture like that?" The photographer wasn't as amused with the face paint and was exceedingly hesitant to go through with it.
" Just do it. Come on already! Come on Come on."
'Naruto always is the eccentric one.'
" Ugh... Don't blame me later. Say cheese!"
He struck his best pose and grinned once the photo was done.
"See you later Y/n, I gotta turn this picture in."
" Good luck Naruto."
Y/n smiled knowing what would unfold.
"What's the matter huh? I though you were gonna hit me tough guy! Afraid cause the third Hokage's my grandfather?" "I don't care if he's your grandmother! So believe it!"
Y/n laughed to herself as she made her way to where Naruto would be headed after the meeting.
~
"Hey Naruto! How'd it go?!" Y/n smiled upon seeing Naruto walking down the street with Konahamaru trailing him.
" The Hokage said I have to take my picture again. I'm not! Believe it!"
Naruto leaned closer upon seeing y/n's eyes dart to the figure disguised rather horribly as a rock.
" The Hokage's grandson is following me! He's persistent about something."
The two began walking again. Y/n scrunched her nose in 'thought'.
"Maybe he looks up to you."
" Yeah right!"
Naruto stopped walking in annoyance.
" I know that you're following us so just give it up!"
The pair turned to look as Konahamaru who had tried to blend in with a fence but had gotten the lines sideways.
"That's so obvious it's pathetic."
The boy let out a knowing snicker.
"Saw through my disguise huh? The rumors about you are true you're good," Konahamaru smirked bringing the tarp he was using to 'camouflage' himself away from his face. The energetic boy ran in front of Naruto. "All right I'll be your apprentice and you'll be my trainer!"
"Huh?"
"And afterwards you've gotta show me how to do that sexy jutsu thing you do on Grandpa Hokage."
Y/n bit back a grimace, this was so going to get out of hand.
"Okay let's not-"
" This is some kind of joke right?" Naruto stared a Konahamaru inquisitively.
Y/n sweat dropped , ' stop ignoring what I'm saying!'
"No! I need a new trainer! Please boss?"
" Huh? Boss?"
Naruto was slightly shocked, yet confused at the preschooler's outburst.
"Yeah, you're the boss! Boss! Boss! Boss!"
Naruto scratched behind his head in thought.
"How can I refuse?"
Y/n was slightly discouraged, yet the h/c could see the excitement twinkling behind Naruto's eyes.
"Well if you're going to mentor him, I'm going to head to Ichiraku's."
The girl mused, deciding that food seemed like a nice option, and maybe she could talk to the others. I mean sure she hung out with Naruto occasionally, but everyone started isolating her because of that. It was incredibly lonely, 'this sucks...'
"Okay, see ya!"
'That was quick.'
With the simple goodbye, the pair headed off in the opposite direction.
__________________________
Y/n walked back from Ichiraku's, curious about where to go, before deciding to look for at least one of her friends.
She was so lost in thought she bumped right into the person coming around the corner the same time as her. The h/c stumbled yet remained on her feet, and the other hardly seemed to budge. She snapped to, only to realize she had bumped into Neji Hyuga.
"I am so sorry, that was totally my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going."
The brunette's face twisted into a scowl.
"Watch it. Who are you anyways? I haven't seen you around until recently..."
Y/n flinched at his harsh tone.' I forgot Neji is a total jerk in the beginning.'
"I- My name is Y/n Ootori, I recently move-" Y/n stammered only to be cut off by the lavender eyed boy.
"Right. You're that weird girl that hangs around that kid. Do even have actual friends?" Neji raised and eyebrow in remembrance. 'Is he purposely being a jerk?'
"Excuse you?"
The boy didn't seem to hear and went on his way.
'THATS IT! I'm going to befriend him, even if it kills me!' Y/n bit the inside of her cheek walking along, managed to see a certain Uchiha walking along the other side of the road.
Upon seeing her, the raven-haired boy seemed to open his eyes wide in curiosity. He seemed to debate on whether to speak with her or not, but eventually decided to.
"Hi Sasuke."
The boy had crossed over to her where the village street wasn't so crowded.
" Hello Y/n. How do you know my name?"
"How do you know mine? We've never spoke, I know your's because of your constantly shrieking fan club. Speaking of which, they won't rip me to pieces for talking to you, right?"
"You did introduce yourself to the class..."
Y/n felt her cheeks burn in slight embarrassment.
" Oh, right. Um, so no offense, but why are you talking to me? You just don't seem to want to talk with just about anyone."
"Tch. You said hi first, and you interest me. That's all."
"Oh right, anyways how do I interest you ?"
"Tch.Just stay out of my way..."
The Uchiha turned tail and walked away from the confused girl. She sighed and made her way back to her apartment. 'Yikes. Well that was a bust... I just ran into two of the most emotionally brooding characters in the storyline before Shippuden and I couldn't keep conversation with either of them...'
__________________________
*Knock knock knock*
Y/n woke up groggily to the sound of Naruto pounding on her door. 'C'mon, since when is Naruto up before me? I usually walk to school alone. 'She glanced at the clock and her eyes widened in surprise before she ran and got dressed, shouting. "Hold on! I'll be there in a minute!"
"Cmon Y/n! We have to get a move on Iruka-sensei is announcing teams today!"
"I know, I woke up late! Give me a minute."
The girl grabbed a quick breakfast before running to meet Naruto who was impatiently waiting at the door.
'Shit! I should have stopped him from drinking the milk! Oh well... It's fine... Ish.'
" You ready?"
"Yeah. It's exciting."
The two made their way down the stairs and to the street.
"Um this may seem random but, also just a general statement, don't get too hung up on Sakura okay?"
" Why? Do you have a crush on me? Sorry Y/n I know I'm awesome but-"
"No, nothing like that. Just... I know she can be a jerk cause she doesn't understand you actually like like her. Also she's obsessed with Sasuke."
" Doesn't mean I won't stop trying! Believe it!"
The two were cut off by Konahamaru jumping out from his 'disguise' of a fence.
" You're mine Naruto!"  The boy immediately tripped on the cloth and fell.
"Uh what do you think you're doing Konahamaru?"
Naruto blinked and Konahamaru struggled to sit up.
"That was a slick move, that's why I respect you as a rival."
"But I didn't do anything."
Konahamaru moved his hands to make a sign.
"Alright. Now fight me fair and square."
'He's ignoring me.'
"Sorry we've got an orientation to get to."
The preschooler turned surprised as if he just noticed Y/n.
"You're pretty, who are you? Are you Naruto's girlfriend?"
Y/n blinked registering what the kid had asked her.
" What? No, I'm his... friend. My name is Y/n. Anyways we're official ninja today, so we can't stick around."
"Y/n's right. See?" Naruto pointed to the headband tied above his brow.
"As of today, Y/n and I are ninja. Believe it."
Konahamaru stared up in shocked awe.
__________________________
Time Skip
__________________________
Y/n and Naruto made their way into the classroom and waited for Iruka-Sensei. Naruto could barely contain his excitement, and ignored the fact that the h/c was now sitting by herself.
" What are you doing here Naruto? This isn't for dropouts, you can't be here unless you graduated."
"Oh yeah? Do you see this? Do you see this? Open your eyes Shikamaru, it's a regulation headband. We're going to be training together. How do you like that?"
"Huh."
"Let me put it to you this way, I look great in this headband, like it was made for me. Believe it."
Y/n glanced at Hinata, and smiled a knowing smile. That was interuppred by the sound of rumbling coming down the hallway.
'I'm so not getting in the middle of this.
Y/n stood up in anticipation.
'Oh god, here come Sakura and Ino.'
As if on cue the girls burst through the door shouting "I'm first!", then arguing.
Naruto immediately perked up and blushed at the sight of Sakura.
Y/n glanced back at Naruto and sighed 'He never listens.'
"Huh? Hey Sakura!"
Naruto exclaimed upon seeing Sakura smile and run in his direction, more like towards Sasuke.
Y/n immediately stepped out of the way.
Sakura made it to the desk and moved to push Naruto.
"Move it!"
Y/n attempted and failed to pull the blond out of the way before Sakura shoved him, but she hardly noticed.
"Good morning Sasuke, mind if I sit next to you?"
"Back off forehead, I'm sitting next to Sasuke."
Sakura's fake smile dropped and gritted her teeth before turning to Ino.
"I was here first!"
" I walked into the classroom before you did everybody saw it!"
"Dream on!"
Oh course Ino immediately came over to see the commotion and a crowd of girls soon gathered fighting over who should sit next to Sasuke.