Naruto Uzumaki

(EDITED/UPDATED ORIGINALLY POSTED AUGUST 8TH 2018)

I do not own Naruto or you. In trying to make this seem as 'flowy and accurate' as possible. I'm trying my best. I actually edited a lot of the chapters, the same things occurred but I sought to improve how they were conveyed. I think they make more sense now. In general- this is not an X reader- its reader insert specifically, I don't want to write a story where all the characters, (almost out of character) fall in love with the main protagonist. And in particular these are young characters and I don't find it necessary to the plot.
__________________________

The end of the day came quicker than expected, quite a bit of it became focused on the subtle tapping of pen to paper as Iruka droned on in his lecture. Hushed notes were passed in competition- trying to see if they could get past the sharp eyes of their teacher. To varying degrees of success, but nothing more than a warning was given to those caught. Many of said notes made their way to and from Y/n. Seemingly those who did not have the opportunity at lunch; were too eager to wait until the end of the day to make their introductions.

Throughout the rest of the day Y/n had been introduced to Kiba, Hinata, Sakura, and Choji. The last of the lineup had taken the initiative to introduce Shikamaru with a very quick sketch that more so resembled a pineapple; rather than his 'lazy' best friend. The day was relatively uneventful, but the excitement of it all made Y/n giddy. Through the many dozens of notes that Iruka had to be purposefully ignoring; she engaged excitedly amongst the group. It was surprisingly less difficult than she anticipated to find neutral topics of conversation for this world. Also strange, the more time spent within this world, the farther away any of that seemed. This would seem more like middle school- but what was that like? How does this seem more real than any of that? Even as class got out, the straws Y/n sought to grasp, slipped further and further away.

The soft whistle of the wind accompanied the energetic joy much of the class shared as they made their way out the door towards their afterschool activities and homes. Hearing and seeing everyone in person, just like meeting Kakashi, forced any disbelief she could possibly have, far away. But fueled the embers of confusion as she answered questions, searching for space to ask her own to ground her sense of reality. The group had crowded around, still extremely eager to get to know their new classmate. As the conversation continued, more and more people joined in, talking over each other and crowding in. Her heartbeat quickened as the presence of the crowd seemed to squeeze and suffocate. Y/n's speech quickening, faltering in the mood she desperately was trying to preserve. First impressions were everything, especially here, it was important that people liked her.

Thankfully, before Y/n could find a way to ask them to back up, Shikamaru did it for her. "This is such a drag." He grasped at his neck, rolling his head back, letting out a sigh before continuing. "Guys, she's new, let's not suffocate her." The group agreed and awkwardly shuffled back, yet leaning in with interested eyes and inviting smiles. Y/n sent a brief relieved smile of her own to Shikamaru before answering someone's previous question of if she liked it here so far. " I'm excited to be here, I guess, sorry I'm not used to being the center of attention." A small laugh sought to hide her nervousness as she fiddled and twirled her fingers. Thankfully it didn't seem many noticed as the herd of students steadily trailed off once their own questions were answered. Unfortunately, there remained some dozen of her classmates who had so much more they wanted to know.

Sharp green eyes locked with hers as their owner muscled her way to the center of the group. Sakura immediately battered off another array of questions. " So your family moved here? Do you have any siblings? Are your parents happy you're training to be a ninja?"
" Not exactly, it's just me, I don't have any siblings, and my parents... Aren't really around...anymore, but I think they'd be happy that I'm trying to become a ninja." Y/n shrugged looking anywhere but at those eyes. Yes everyone had different hair and eyes than she had remembered being used to, but the soft green were just so startlingly intelligent. Behind that, it dampened the aura of the group as it set in to everyone and herself that Y/n was alone in a new place. Everyone seemed nice, but it was hard knowing she was one of the few who had no one waiting at home to take care of them. To make matters worse, basically half of the class had to hear that as smiles dropped to sympathy. 'I should have just lied, this is even worse than before.'