Chapter 33

(Regina's POV)

I had thrown Daddy's heart into the bonfire with tears still welled up in my eyes. However, I kept them at bay for I needed to go to Rumple and gloat. Hopefully, this will keep me distracted from Daniella's dead body as it kept on appearing in my mind.

After watching the dark smoke billow and cloud over the land, I got into my carriage to travel to Snow's castle. I had brought Daniella with me, for I wanted to be holding her against my body when the curse hit. As the carriage rattled along the path at its full speed, I drew out my hand-held mirror to see what Snow was doing. After a clear image formed on the surface, I took one glance at the scene before recoiling. Well, it seems like poor little Snowflake has gone into labour. I grinned at the look of pain on her face. 

I got Pietro to hold Daniella in his arms when I got to the castle. My knights flooded the place first, in order to clear a path for me.

When I got deep within the palace walls, I instructed my guards to spread out and make sure that the inhabitants stayed inside. With Pietro following behind, I quickly made my way to the dungeons. As I neared the Dark One's cell, I told Pietro to stand out of sight. I have no intention for that imp to see Daniella's unconscious form.

I heard Rumple's voice resonate throughout the dungeons. "What took you so long, Dearie? My, my my have I been waiting for a long time."

I stalked towards the Dark One and seethed, "You know what took so long."

"Ah yes, the curse...but you did it."

I grinned, "That's right. I did it...and I wanted you to know that before you and all the other pathetic denizens of this wretched forget everything."

The Dark One looked at me with his horrible reptilian like eyes. "How did it feel?"

"Watching the cloud form? Like...victory."

Rumple giggled, "No, Dearie. How did you feel to kill the you love most? Ripping the heart out of your father? How did that feel?"

"Doesn't matter how I felt. His death was the price of the curse."

"And how about your darling daughter?"

I widened my eyes as I asked quickly, "What do you know about that? And how do you know-"

"Well for starters, the curse wouldn't have occurred if you haven't lost everyone you love..."

My heart started to thump with worry and I stammered, "But Daniella isn't dead yet! The preservation spell I cast on her body will keep her alive until the day ends!"

Rumple smirked at me and explained, "Ah, well that's the thing. You must be broken in order to cast the curse...there must be a hole in your heart in order for it's strength to never waver."

I grunted. "Stop speaking metaphorically! You make no sense. Just tell me, will Daniella die?"

"No, she won't die."

"That's all I wanted to hear."

"Trust me, Dearie. You'll want to hear what I have to say. First of all, you haven't exactly won yet..."

"What?!" I seethed. To my horror, the Dark One continued, "The savior; the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming can stop you. She can break the curse."

I scoffed, "Well then, it looks like getting rid of a baby made my to-do list."

"Of course it did; but even if you succeed with that, you'll have a bigger problem. A problem that is connected to the little dilemma you have with your daughter right now."