Chapter 67

Marco, Pinnochio's father was walking in the woods not far from town. Back in the Enchanted Forest, he would sometimes go out to collect random pieces of timber from the forest floor and carve them into toys for his boy. However, Pinnochio is all grown up now and often, Marco would still miss the bubbly energy of his young child. 

As he was strolling through the trees, he got lost in thought about the curse. Where is home? The memories that the Queen had given him made it seem like he's always lived in Storybrooke. When he got his real memories back, a constant longing for the Enchanted Forest resided in his heart. 

Marco felt it comforting to come into the forest to bring peace to his mind so it certainly gave him the fright of his life when a cloud of purple smoke appeared in front of him. He stepped back as the smoke subsided to reveal some people on the ground. When he saw who they were, he couldn't believe his eyes. They were back!

The town handyman immediately rushed over to Snow and Emma, helping them up. Afterwards, he patted Henry on the shoulder as the boy beamed back with happiness, knowing that they had returned to Storybrooke. 

Snow saw Marco and remarked with a smile, "Marco! What are you doing here in the woods?"

In his heavy accent, he replied, "Nothing, just taking a walk. But you're back! Were you hurt? Your husband and all of us were so worried! Your disappearances have been the talk of the town!"

Snow gave Emma a look and replied simply, "Oh, it was complicated, but we managed to find Henry and Daniella. There were some...interesting moments."

Marco chuckled, "You'd have to tell me all about it. After I take you out of here and to your husband of course." Then, he looked up and continued, "I'll lead you out of these woods. We're not far from town. I unfortunately don't have my phone with me so I cannot call David."

Emma replied, "Oh that's fine. Thank you Marco."

"Anything for you. You saved us from the curse!"

"I, well, it's my pleasure." Emma stuttered as she started a small conversation with Marco. Meanwhile, Snow went over to Henry and Daniella. She remarked, "Look, the portal has even changed your clothes back to what they were!"

Henry and Daniella looked at each other for the first time, in realisation. Then, Henry commented loudly, "I miss wearing a hoodie and jeans!"

Daniella sniggered but she was given a dirty look by her brother. Then, Marco called out to them, "Hey, shall we go?"

Snow replied, "Of course, I can't wait to get back to my apartment."

As the group started to move through the forest, following Marco's lead, Daniella glanced uneasily between everyone. She fell behind a little after seeing that the four were engaged in a lively conversation that excluded her. Checking that they weren't looking, she raised her hand and created a small fireball in her palm. 

She smiled, knowing that she still had her magic. However, her relief soon got outweighed by the heavy feeling in her chest. She bit her lip as she contemplated whether or not she should ask Marco the question clouding her mind. They were walking through the streets of town when she finally gathered her courage and came up to the man. 

"Marco?"

The old man jumped a little as he didn't see Daniella come up beside him. He observed her eyes and answered, "What is it, Daniella?"

Marco hadn't seen Daniella many times in the Enchanted forest. He'd always be wary of her since she was the Evil Queen's daughter afterall, but there would always be a small amount of pity whenever he caught her sad or pained expressions. The first time he'd seen her was in a village. It was the time she was hit with an arrow. He remembered the huge commotion after she had left. Black guards scoured the area, looking for the person who had tried to assassinate the Queen. Even though Marco, along with many others, were disappointed that the monarch wasn't killed, he felt sorry for the princess.