Chapter 65

(Emma's POV)

With every footstep, I pressed closer to the fairy leading us as I knew that I will see my son soon. The conversation that Mary Margaret conducted with her past self and husband escaped my mind. I was unable to concentrate on what they were talking about, due to my worry for Henry. I just hoped that he isn't harmed or hurt.

I didn't even know how long we were walking for, until Mary Margaret called out from behind me, "Emma! Do you want to rest for a minute?"

I spun around and shook my head defiantly, "No. We have to find Henry. What if he's hurt? He needs us, he's just a boy."

My mom sighed and nodded. "Alright, I just wanted to make sure that you're alright too."

I turned back around and pondered on the question as we advanced down the road. Am I alright? If I am, how is it that I'm still unable to call Mary Margaret 'mom'?

"Mom?"

I shook my head out of my thoughts as the voice called again in a louder volume, "Mom!"

I squinted down the road and saw a figure running towards us. Oh my gosh- "Henry!" Not thinking about the group behind me, I ran out towards my son and scooped him into a hug. I laughed with happiness and asked, "Henry! Are you fine? Are you alright?! Oh god, I've been so worried about you."

In a muffled voice, Henry replied, "I knew that you would come and find me. I miss you Emma."

As the others approached us, we parted from each other's arms. When Henry saw the two past versions of his grandparents, his jaw dropped. I smiled as he stuttered with a grin, "You're Snow White and Prince Charming! But...the past versions of them!"

I glanced at my 'parents' as they responded with a smile, "I guess we are, Henry. Nice to meet you. I assume that you're our grandson."

Henry beamed with a smile and nodded his head.

Mary Margaret was the one who spoke next. She bent down to Henry's level and said seriously, "How did you fall into a portal?"

Henry's face changed. He inched back and said quietly, "I don't know exactly how it happened but the Blue Fairy tricked Dani into telling her where Jefferson's hat was. She opened the portal and shoved Dani into the vortex-"

"What?"

Then, Henry continued in an even guiltier tone, one that almost came out as an accusation. "You're not trying to kill my other mom or my sister are you?"

Mary Margaret put her hand on Henry's shoulder and questioned, "Whatever do you mean? We're trying to ensure that the town doesn't enact vengeance on Regina in cold blood. We want to end the bloodshed. We don't want to continue the Queen's reign of terror. We have to bring peace back to Storybrooke and the Enchanted Forest. That's why we took magic away from your sister and Regina."

"But Blue was trying to kill them by taking away their magic!"

I crossed my arms and gave a glance at Mary Margaret. Her frown told me that something wasn't right here. "Henry, why do you think that's the case?"

"Because the Queen said so."

The past version of my mom stepped forward and mouthed, "Regina? You met her?"

Henry nodded and explained, "Yeah, that's why Dani is with her right now. It's because she decided to walk to a village in order to find our location. We didn't know that we were in the past until we heard people talk about the Evil Queen, but that wasn't the worst part. Dani found out that we were in the North Village."