Chapter 37

(Regina's POV, Saturday afternoon)

I had just arrived home after dropping off Henry at the arcade when the phone rang. I ran towards it's ringing noise and picked it up answering, "Yes? Regina Mills speaking."

"It's Dr. Whale. You told me to call you if there was ever a change in John Doe. Something's happened."

My heart skipped a beat. What?! How the-

The doctor continued as I paced around the foyer. "One of our volunteers said he grabbed her. There was also a slight fluctuation in brain activity."

I frowned. "And who was this volunteer?"

"Mary Margaret Blanchard."

I took a moment to compose myself before I replied, "I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

I didn't wait for Dr Whale's reply for I've already slammed the phone back onto it's stand. It isn't possible! Snow has been a volunteer at the hospital ever since the curse hit...how is she able to do something to the Prince now?! 

I rushed out of the house and back into my car. As I drove through the streets of Storybrooke, I couldn't help but feel as if there was something off in the town. Everyone seems to be...doing something different aside from their usual routine. I snarled when I stopped at the lights. It must be Swan! She's done something. She's weakening my curse! 

When I arrived at the hospital, I stormed into the ICU, trying to ignore Daniella's still body. Why hasn't she reacted in all this time?

As soon as I walked into the room, I realised that the Prince wasn't there. Doctor Whale and Graham entered
just as I approached his bed with a frown on my face. "Where is he?!"

"I'm not sure..."

"You're not sure?! How? He's a coma patient. He can't just get up and take a walk around the block!"

Whilst Doctor Whale was explaining what happened yesterday night, I got distracted by the loud pattering footsteps of three people. I looked past him to see Mary Margaret, Emma and Henry stride into the room. I walked around the doctor and asked Emma, "What the hell are you doing here?" Turning to Henry, I softened my tone slightly, "And you...I thought you were at the arcade. Now you're lying to me?"

Before Henry could answer, Mary Margaret spoke, "What's going on? Where's John Doe?"

Graham answered, "He's missing but we don't know what happened to him yet. His IVs were ripped out. However, there's not sign for sure that there was a struggle."

Henry turned to me and harshly demanded, "What did you do?"

I quickly replied, "You think I had something to do with this?"

Henry was about to continue when Emma began, "Well, I'm certainly curious that the mayor is here."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm here because I'm his emergency contact."

"You know him?"

I raised my eyebrow, "I found him. On the side of the road years ago with no ID. I brought him here. Now, since I clearly can't keep you away from my son, I guess I'm just going to have to keep my son away from you. Enjoy my shirt, because that's all you're getting. Sheriff, find John Doe. You heard Dr. Whale. Time is precious."

I wanted desperately to steal a glance at Daniella but with so many people in the room, I was forced to simply take Henry's hand and leave. 

As we got into the car, I quietly murmured to myself, "I wonder how she did it."