Chapter 48

(Daniella's POV)

The plan worked well. Snow was put behind bars in the sheriff station. The town believes that Kathryn Nolan's disappearance was in the hands of Snow. Everything went well until the afternoon came when I was walking home from school with Henry. He received a message from Emma on his walkie talkie, telling him that Mary Margaret had somehow escaped. Immediately, that made him rush towards the station to have a look. I knew I couldn't leave him so reluctantly, I followed, only to find Rumplestilskin in the same room as Emma. 

Before I could approach Rumple and demand why he was working with Emma, the saviour exclaimed, "Henry? And Daniella? What are you two doing here?"

Henry replied, "I came to congratulate you."

"For what?"

"Your genius plan!"

Rumple looked sideways at me and questioned, "And what plan's that, Henry?"

My brother glanced at me and looked down awkwardly. I crossed my arms. "And how come I wasn't informed of this plan?"

Henry looked up and snipped back, "You're on Regina's side. I'm not going to tell anything to you."

I huffed and held my head up as I approached Rumple. Then, I used an innocent tone and pleaded, "Mr Gold, may I please speak with you?"

To my surprise, he nodded and walked out to the corridor with me. When he made sure that we were alone and out of eavesdropping distance, he smirked and said, "What's wrong, your highness?"

Although my heart was thumping, I told myself that there was no reason to fear the dark one in this realm without magic. So, I glared at him and accused, "Why are you helping Snow and Emma? Mother cast this stupid curse for you and it seems as if you want the curse to be broken."

"Stupid curse? I'm sure I don't need to remind you that the curse is saving your life right now."

Quickly, I replied, "Which is exactly why I'm concerned."

There was a pause. Then, the Dark One reverted partially to his Enchanted Forest voice and whispered, "Oh yes, that's right. Things aren't going to look good for you if the curse breaks..."

I felt blood rush through my ears. Then, it stopped altogether for a second. I shakily stated, "Once the curse breaks, I'll die right?"

"Hasn't your dear mother mentioned that to you?"

I glared at Rumple and avoided the question. 

"Or...maybe she doesn't know...you should tell her you know. It concerns you both."

I took a breath and despite my interest, suppressed the questions that arose. "That's not the point of this conversation. I want to know why you're helping Snow. Why do you want her to be released? I thought you were on the same side as us...."

"My reasons are my own."

"So you want the curse to be broken?"

"I never said that."

"But you've implied that."

There was a pause as Rumple swapped the hand holding his cane. Whilst leaning on it, he peered down at me and commented, "You should be asking less questions, girl."

I huffed and replied with narrowed eyes, "It's either Daniella, or 'your highness'...I don't appreciate being called 'girl'. I don't care if you're the Dark One, or Mr Gold, but know that you've chosen the wrong side."

"Fiesty. Just your mother. You know, your appearance threw me off a bit." The Dark One chuckled and continued, "Be careful dearie...I'm the one with the power around here, contrary to what you might believe"