Chapter five

"Fiona I think something wrong with the water heater" I say walking into Fiona's room wrapped in a towel with my hair dripping. "What makes your say that?" She asks. "Because I was third to take a shower and the waters already cold. "How'd you get third?" She asks. "Maddie and I are having breakfast with her dad and his wife again so I traded Carl my poptart for his shower spot"  I tell her and then go to Lip's room where I usually get dressed. "Woah" Lip mumbles when I walk in. "turn around" I instruct him and then drop my towel and pull on my ripped skinny jeans and one of his long sleeves and pull my hair into the towel. "Is that my shirt?" He asks and I nod. " I asked if I could wear it" I say. "Last week" He laughs. "It looks better on you anyways" He smiles at me. I pull on my old white high top converse and we head downstairs together. Him and Ian try to figure out whats wrong with the water heater while Fiona makes tater tots and scrambled eggs for breakfast. "Its definitely out" Lip says pulling out the old rusty piece and then starts searching the obituary for score another one off an old person. Lip,  Ian, and I all run out the door at the same time. I'm not sure where they're headed but I'm picking up Maddie and were going to breakfast with her family. 

When we get to the diner theyre already there. "Daddy!" Maddie yells and runs over to Troy and Nina. I smile that she loved him since we met him. After spending time with them, Maddie is most definitely Troys daughter. She acts jus like him. We've been spending a lot of time with them and Maddie has spent the night several times. We're gonna get her moved in today so on monday she can start her new school. We hear police cars racing past. "I wonder what's going on?" Nina say's and my cell phone starts ringing. "Excuse me" I say and get up and walk outside to answer. "Hey Lip" I say. "Debbie stole a kid and we need you" he tells me quickly. I hang up and run back inside. "Hey im so sorry. Can Maddie stay with you tonight and we can work on getting her all moved int tomorrow. my family is having an emergency" I say and I dont realize I say family until after I've said it. I run all the way to the house and they already have a plan in motion. "How can I help?" I ask when I come in. "Help Debbie. Shes a horrible liar an shes panicking" Ian tells me and I run upstairs to Debbies room and she runs into my arms. "Hey Debs" I say. "Debbie tell Emma what happened" Fiona says winking when she says it. She tells me what happened and I turn to Fiona and Steve. "Lip told me Debbie stole a kid, but she just found it?" I ask and they sigh in relief. "That wasnt a true story but you believed it so they will too" Steve tells me. 

The plan is in full swing and we are getting ready to return little Casey so Lip, Liam, Debbie, and I head out. Liam is sitting on my hip and Lip is trying to calm Debbie down. I pass Liam to lip and crouch down to Debbie's level. "Deb's. I know you think you cant do this, but you have too. I know it's scary but this is very very important. This might be the most important thing you ever do" I tell her and she hugs me. "You think I can do it?" She asks me. "I know you can!" I smile and squeeze her tight. After the baby is returned people throw money her way. Frank comes over from Karens house and starts to brag on Debbie and pick her money up. "Frank thats Debbie's money" I say as Ian and Lip step on his hands. We pick all of Debbie's cash up for her and then Officer Tony insists that Debbie has to come in for a statement. "can Fiona and Emma come?" She asks and Tony nods. 

Later that night im sitting next to Ian and were sharing a sandwich when Steve comes in. He takes Fiona into the kitchen and I see Fiona smile and nod. Steve wheels in a babydoll in a stroller. "Oh my god look Debbie" I say and she jumps up excited. "Thank you steve!" She says and gets the baby half way upstairs. "Emma, will you come play with me?" She asks. "Of course Deb's" I get up and follow her up. A little while later lip comes and rescues me from the babydoll torture. "Hey were celebrating V and Kev getting engaged" He says and motions me to come down. I follow him down and he hands me a beer and a cigarette. We have music blaring and I'm sitting on the counter with Lip standing next to me. "Its the moments like these that make all the shit we go through worth it" I tell him and he nods. "I'm really glad you and Maddie are apart of our family now. You were the missing puzzle piece" Lip smiles up at me. We hear a noise outside so we go to investigate to see that Debbie used the money she earned from 'rescuing' Casey to buy a new water heater. "Your the best Debbie!" We say and all praise her.