chapter thirty six

Lips POV

"Dude youve got to get up at some point and go to school" I tell Ian as he fakes sick again. "I just cant get out of my mind that Mickey is marrying a woman" He sighs. "Well I have a secret" I tell him and he sits up. "Go for it" He says and hands me a cigarette. "I went to see Emma the other day" I say and he nods. " I saw her the other day too" Ian smiles. Him and Emma are pretty close and I feel bad that he doesnt get to see her as much anymore. "She thinks shes pregnant" I admit and his jaw drops.

Emmas POV ,

Lip kind of freaked when I told him I think I'm pregnant. He started asking me a ton of questions and I only have one answer. I'm late. It could just be because stress or anything like that but Lip and I had a few times where we werent careful so its a possibility. He texts me all day every day asking how i'm feeling and stuff. I still really dont want to see him because he is still hanging around Karen and I found out through Ian that he's been fucking Mandy Milkovich. The last thing I need is for her to be pregnant with Lip's baby too. Shes already super clingy, I cant believe he would get with her. I'm sure after the whole she hit Karen with a car thing he isnt seeing her anymore. I go to work and Caleb meets me there. He made straight A's the first semester so he got to graduate early. "We have an errand to run on break today" I tell him and he nods. He doesnt work here, he just likes to hang around while I work.

Once I'm on break we head over to the drug store and buy a pregnancy test. "Woah I don't know we thought this" he asks as I pick it up. I nod with a sigh. "Lips?" He asks. "He's the only guy I've ever slept with" I laugh and pay for the pregnancy test. We go back to the diner and I go to the bathroom to take it. I sit and wait and finally the answer popped up. I walk out and smile at Caleb. "Hand me a beer I'm not pregnant!" I say excitedly and then I see Lip standing there. "Oh sorry. I didnt know you were there. Good news" I tell him and he nods and looks away from me. "That's great news" he says and then walk out. I follow after him. "Lip! What the hell?" I ask. "No it's fine. Just keep living your north side life. Forget the Gallagher's even fucking exist" he yells at me stepping closer to me. I grab his face and bring it to mine, kissing him roughly. "I have to get back to work" I say when I pull away. I turn and he grabs my hand. "Come home" he tells me. "You have to earn my trust back Lip. You gave it all away to Karen" I sigh and pull my hand out of his. I pause for a second and then go inside.

When I get off work I head over to the gallagher house. I dont bother to knock since I lived here for a little over two years. I walk in and see everyone eating pizza. "Emma!" Debbie screams excitedly and hugs me. "Hey Debs! I missed you!" I her and hug her tightly. I notice theres no Ian, Lip, or Fiona, but Veronica is here. "Fiona had to go talk to Jimmy, Ian is.... I'm not sure where, and Lip is at Sheilas" Debbie tells me. "Sheilas?" I ask sitting next to her. She hands me a piece of pizza and nods. "Yeah Karen came home today" She tells me. I smile at her even though its fake. I hang out with the three kids and Veronica for a little while before leaving. When I walk out I run into Fiona, and she practically had steam coming out of her ears. "When I invited you to dinner I meant when I was actually home" she laughs and hugs me. "I just couldnt stand to be away from Debbie and Carl anymore" I tell her. "You risked Lip being home?" She asks. "Ive talked to him a few times in the past week or so. I told him he needed to earn my trust back and since then I've found out hes been hanging out with Karen so" I tell her looking at the ground. "She was hit by a car. I think hes just making sure shes alive Em. You know he couldnt just let her get hit by a car and not worry about it" She tells me and I nod.

The next day Maddie, Mom, Dad, and I packed up our stuff and went camping for moms work retreat thing. I've never been camping but mom took us shopping and go us camping clothes and Maddie and I have a pink tent to share. I get up and put on some skinny jeans with some boots and a long sleeve shirt with a vest. When we get to the woods I breath deeply. It feels good to be out here. "Em" I hear a baby say and I look down and see Liam standing there with his arms out. "Liam? What are you doing here?" I ask picking him up. "Whos this?" Dad asks walking up behind me. "This is Liam Gallagher. I dont know what hes doing here" I wonder looking around. "I work with a Gallagher. Fiona. Sweet girl" Mom says. "Fiona is the girl I lived with. Her and her five siblings" I tell her and she makes the connection in her brain. "She's around here somewhere" She tells me. I see Debbie and I wave to her and Maddie runs over to play with her. I spot Fiona so I go sitdow beside her. "Pretty out here isnt it?" I ask her and she looks over and her jaw drops. "Oh my god hey! What are you doing here?" She asks me. "Nina is my adoptive mom" I tell her. "Oh Nina! She's a very nice lady" She tells me and I nod. Some guy omes back over with more beers. "Here you go" He says handing her one. "Old enough to drink?" He asks me. "Nope. I'm gonna leave you too alone though and take Liam back over to his friends" I tell them and then raise my eyebrows at her since the man is very handsome.