chapter twenty

its been about two weeks since Lip asked me to be his girlfriend and things were going pretty good. We start school on Tuesday, which we werent looking forward to but with us together maybe it wouldnt be so bad. We walk down the stairs and Fiona is counting all the money we made over the summer. "Howd we do?" Lip asks. "Just over nine grand" She sighs. "Thats it for the winter?" I ask and she nods. "Frank screwed us when he gave away Liam, and the new compressor for the fridge" She tells us. "Lets not forget the medicine for Liams ear infection" I say and Lip kisses him on top of the head and then kisses the top of my head before coming to sit next to me at the table and giving me the cup of coffee he made me. Fiona walks over and hands the four of us a small wad of cash. "Clothes and supplies, nothing else. I want receipts" She says and smiles at us and then she starts passing out jobs for us to do. "Carl put the daycare stuff away, Debbie you can round up and old backpacks or school books, and the older boys can clean out the pool. I think theirs a few surprises in there for you. Emma can take Liam and you can go shopping" She says with a wink. I nod and Ian speaks up. "Carl tell Lip he can do it himself" He says and carl repeats what he says to Lip. "Carl tell Ian hes being a douchebag" Lip says in a mocking voice.

Lip leaves and I take Liam to the store and buy a few things, and take a few things. When we are done we go to the library to check out my summer reading book that ive neglected. I walk past an isle and I think i hear familiar voices, so I back up to see. I see my boyfriend and Karen looking at books together. I cant see his face but shes smiling and laughing. Liam makes a noise and Lip turns around and sees me standing there. I shake my head and walk away. We go to the house and Debbie has laid out all her new clothes so she can pick out what to wear. "Red top blue shorts definitely" I tell her and go up to our room to put Liam down for a nap. It isnt long before Lip is standing in front of me. "It's not what it looked like" He sighs. "It looked like you were at the library with Karen" I say and wrap my arms around his neck. My hands travel down his body. "I'm sorry" I tell him. "Mmmm for what?" he asks with his eyes closed. "Not being good enough for you" I say taking my hands off his body and walking out of the room.

At six oclock I wait with Ian under the L for Lip. I was really only here to make sure things didnt go to far. I was standing behind one of the cement blocks because I didnt really wanna see Lip. "Your late where you been?" Ian calls out, so Iknow Lip is here now. "Getting blown by some pregnant skank. Isnt that what you called her?" Lip calls back and I gasp. I come out from behind the block and walk up to him. "Fuck you Lip Gallagher! You bastard" I scream and punch him in the face and stomp away. As I was walking away I could hear the punches being swung at Ian.

The next morning Fiona wakes me up. "Why are you in my bed?" she asks. "Lip went to Karens yesterday and got a blow job" I say and get up and go get in the shower. After my shower I pull on some mom jeans and a white v neck and some brown booties. I leave my hair in its natural waves and do some eye makeup. "Have a great first day of senior year" Fiona smiles at me as I come down stairs. I make myself a cup of coffee and a bowl of cereal and sit down. "You look amazing" Lip says coming downstairs still in his pajamas. "I bet you said that to Karens mouth before you face fucked her too" I say and get up and storm out of the house.