chapter nineteen

"They let you back in the country?" Lip asks Steve as we walk up the drive way back to the house. Steve and Lip make small talk and shake hands. I notice Fiona come out on the front porch. "Lip we havent seen you all night, Emma slipped out before any one else woke up" she says. "I was out. I asked Em to come have breakfast with me this morning" He tells her. "Grammy's back. Come in and say hello" Fiona tells us and we both go inside. "Hey grams" Lip says when he sees his grandmother. "Lip! Lips girlfriend!" She smiles when she see's us. "I'm not hi-" I start to say but Lip interrupts. He sits in the chair and wraps and arm around my waist, making me sit on his lap. "Cute couple" The grouchy lady says to us. I smile and lean my head on Lips. 

The next day Lip comes in our room after I get out of the shower. "I have to go make right with Ian. Will you come?" He asks me. I nod and after I get dressed we head towards Kash and Grab. "So how about Grammy's home?" He tries to make small talk. Ian does nothing but ring up the beer that Lip opened and took a sip of. I take another sip and Lip continues to try to make small talk with Ian but Ian refuses to talk so Lip results in getting angry and throwing tomatoes and watermelons. "Lip! Stop!" I scream at him. He storms out of the store and walks off. I sigh and get out the money to pay for the stuff he ruined. "Here Ian" I say and go to the back and get a broom and a mop and Ian helps me clean up the mess. "Why do you do this? You had no reason to pay for the shit he ruined or clean it up" Ian asks me. "Somehow through all the Karen shit I think I fell in love with him" I sigh and walk out. I never could find Lip so I head home. "Chicken!" Fiona yells and we all head to the kitchen and grab chicken out of the bucket. "We have chicken Lip" Fiona tells him as he walks through the back door. He holds up his middle finger and points it at Ian as he grabs a piece of chicken and walks towards the livingroom. "Still?!" Fi yells. 

The next day as I'm walking to work I find Lip sitting outside of Karens house while her wedding reception is going on. I sigh and sit down next to him. "you love her" I tell him. "I dont. But she might be pregnant with my baby. I dont wanna be a father like Frank" He says and hes got tears in his eyes.  "You are nothing like Frank" I tell him and place a hand on his back. "I do a lot of shit. Like at Kash's. You stayed and cleaned up, and im assuming you paid for it. I dont know why you stay for shit like that, but thank you. I need you Emma. I want you to have my baby, not her" He tells me. I look up from my lap and kiss him quickly. "I gotta get to work. Wanna come down to the Diner?" I ask. "I'll probably come see you later" He tells me and I nod. 

"I asked her to get an abortion" Lip explains to me later that night when we're laying in bed. "and?" I wonder as I rub his cheek with my finger. "She slapped me. So I took that as a no. She asked me if I wanted to run away and get a double wide, but I told her no" he admits to me. For him to tell her no, was a lot for him, and I know that. I smile and lean in and kiss him passionately. "thank you" I tell him. "We can finally be together. Like for real, be my girlfriend" He smiles and I nod.