chapter forty seven

I spent the night at the gallagher house last night and wake up snuggled into Lip. "God its cold" I shiver. "I know. What the hell?" He says getting up and stumbling out of the room. I grab a cigarette and pull on one of Lips sweaters and stumble out after him. I light my cigarette and listen as Debbie tells us that bills are behind. "I'm gonna use the money that Amandas parents gave me" He tells me. "If its not enough let me know. I have a coffee can under my bed where ive been stashing my paychecks. I usually give Fiona some for each bill, like I was when I was living here" I tell him and he nods. Lip gets Liam ready while I make lunches for Carl and Debbie. "Make Bonnie one too please. You dont have to worry about the rest of them" Carl whispers to me and I nod. When everyones ready we go outside and theirs a car sitting there. "Who's car?" Debbie asks. "Ummm mine. My parents dont like me riding the L. I just got it" I tell them and Lip looks at me confused. "I couldnt turn it down" I tell him. "Dont turn rich on me. Dont forget where you came from" He tells me. "Please, how could I forget" I roll my eyes. "Theres already a carseat in it?" Lip asks as I hand Liam to Debbie so she can buckle him in. "That was moms touch. She loves Liam" I say and toss Lip the keys. "What are you doing?" He asks. "Drop the kids of at school, Liam and I off at the diner and then your going to school" I tell him and he shakes his head. "I cant take your car" He says and tosses the keys back. I laugh and toss them again. "My parents put you on the insurance. They dont like you taking the L either. Especially with the kids" I tell him and he smiles down at the keys and then at me. "I really appreciate them" He says and I nod. "I know. Me too" I smile and get in the passenger seat.

Once Lip had dropped all of us and Liam and I are at work. "Here you go sweet heart" I say as I set Liam in his circle. "Look at all these building blocks" I say and start stacking them together. "Awe cute. You got a black baby" A guy says walking in. He doesnt look like a nice guy. "Not mine" I say. "Seems like it" The guy remarks. "Are you gonna buy something or you just wanna sit here and look at my boyfriends brother?" I ask. "Oh so your banging a black guy. You will have a black baby one day" The guy says creepily. "Okay you gotta stop. My boyfriends white and this is his little brother. Leave us the hell alone" I yell and he walks away. As the guy walks out Caleb runs in. "I'm having a baby! Come on! Get Liam and lets go!" He yells. "Oh my god!"  I say and tell the manager where I'm going. "Congrats Caleb!" She yells and we run out of the diner, with Liam on my hip. Caleb has recently started renting an apartment and his step dad gave him his old car when he got a new one. I had a booster seat at the diner and luckily Caleb grabbed it. I buckle Liam in and we go to the hospital. "I'm gonna be an aunt!" I say excitedly. When we get to the hospital its just enough time for Caleb to run in and get to see the baby come out. Jane requested that as soon as the baby is born she be taken into a different room. The baby was early, it hasnt been near enough time. "Emma, come here sweetie" Calebs mom tells me stepping out of the room. I stand up and Liam and I walk hand in hand down the hall. "Shes not as small as I thought she'd be" I say and Caleb nods. "Shes only a little early. Her cord was wrapped around her neck so they had to get her out quick. Turns our Jane was farther along that I had thought though" He tells me. "Like how far?" I ask him. "Like she got pregnant the first night we hooked up. six months before she told me" He sighs. "Wow so shes only like a week early" I say and he nods. "Shes beautiful though" I smile down at her. "Her name is Sophia Emma" He tells me. "No freaking way" I smile and he nods. "And I was hoping you and Lip would be her godparents" He smiles. "I know I will and I can only assume Lip will too" I smile. "Can I hold her?" I ask and he nods and hands her over to me. "Hello miss Sophia" I say and kiss her tiny head. I crouch down and Liam looks at her. "This is your future girlfriend Sophia" I tell him and he smiles and kisses her forehead. "Awe how sweet" I say.

I know that the kids are home alone tonight because Ian is at Mickeys and Lip is staying at college tonight so I go to their house to sleep. I put Liam to bed and then Debbie and Carl go to bed. It's late at night and I'm sitting in the livingroom catching up on some homework. The front door opens. "Lip?" I call out and Fiona walks in.

The next morning the kids are so excited to see Fiona until Debbie tells her what happened, which I wasnt even aware of. Ian wont get out of bed. He was so happy until yesterday when he got really upset. "Lets go see him" Fiona says and we all get ready. When we get there Fiona tries to get him out of bed first but he wont. "Your his bestfriend" She says walking to the door where I'm standing. I take a deep breath and then walk in. "Hey Ian" I say rubbing his arm. "go away" He mumbles. "Ian we're worried about you. Will you please get up and lets make a sandwich" I smile and he shakes his head. When I get back out in Mickeys livingroom Fiona is talking about how hes probably bipolar like Monica. "I have to get to my meeting. Call Lip" Fiona tells me before leaving.

"Bipolar huh?" Lip sighs when we're sitting on the stairs and I nod. "Yeah. Would seem that way" I sigh and rub his leg. "Damn" He mumbles.