chapter sixty eight

"She's so perfect" I smile as I look at Cora in Lips arms. "She stinks" He says. "What?" I ask confused and he laughs. "She stinks. She needs to be changed" He says and lays her down infront of me carefully and unbuttons her onesie and changes her diaper. "Wow, your like hella good at changing diapers" I say as he does it so quick. "I've been changing diapers since Ian was in diapers" he tells me and I nod. "Right" I smile and he picks her up and kisses her tiny face and then hands her over to me and throws away the dirty diaper. "So when are you going back to school?" I ask him. "Not for a couple days. I want to be here with my family" He smiles at me. "They said they will get us out of here later this afternoon since everything is perfect with her" I tell him because he was in the bathroom when they came in. "Your parents are cool with me staying for a couple nights right?" He asks. "They want you to move in with us" I tell him and he chuckles. "I wish it was that easy" He tells me and I nod in agreement.

"Welcome home Gallagher family" Dad says when we come in the front door. "I thought they kept you overnight when you had a baby?" Maddie questions. "No when you give birth to a perfect baby and its the hospital, if theres nothing wrong they get you out of there as quickly as possible" Lip tells her and she nods. Lip takes my coat off for me and I carry the carseat into the livingroom and put it down next to the couch. I sit down carefully since I'm still a little sore. To save me a trip of having to lean over Lip comes and crouches down next to me and unbuckles Coras tiny body. "Shes hungry" He tells me and hands her to me and goes to fix a bottle. I smile and mom comes over. "How has Lip been doing through all of this?" She whispers. "He's amazing! I mean he does everything and I havent even had to ask him to do anything" I explain and she smiles at me and then down at Cora. "Shes beautiful" She tells me. "She looks just like Lip" I smile and Dad comes down the stairs. "Yeah she does" He says looking over my shoulder at Cora. "Shes absolutely perfect" Maddie says looking at her too. "Yeah she is" Lip says coming back in with a smile. He hands me the bottle and I feed her while Dad and Lip go out back and grill dinner and Mom is in the kitchen making sides for the steaks. Cora starts crying and I get up to walk her around. "Shhh its okay pretty girl" I whisper to her as I bounce her. She stops crying and starts to drift off to sleep after I put the pacifier in her mouth. I look down at her and I smile because she looks just like her daddy. His beautiful blue eyes, his cute little lips. She even scrunches her brows together like he does. There is no denying that Lip is this baby girls daddy. She does however have my nose and tiny little ears.