chapter thirty two

"Good luck today" I tell Fiona as she gets ready to go talk to a lawyer about getting custody of the kids. Since we found out that it was Frank that turned us in we havent talked to him. I was gonna hang around the house today because Lip told me they would get to get out today as long as they were back before lights out. They wanted to go visit Carl and Liam so I was gonna with them. When Fiona and Jimmy get home Lip gets up from the bed and throws his shirt back on and I follow him downstairs. "Im getting custody of ya" Fiona tells them. "What about Emma? Its only a matter of time until they come after her" Lip asks her. "If i got custody of her you two couldnt get married or anything like that if it came to it so we talked to Maddies parents and their getting legal custody of her and letting her live with us. Their even gonna send her some cash each month" Fiona explains. "And Nina swears up and down that I'm also Troys kid so were getting a swab test. I could have a dad" I tell him and he kisses my temple. "I dont want you to be disappointed if he isnt your father" he tells me and I nod. "I wont be" I smile.

As we walk down the street to get aunt gingers will notarized saying that she leaves her house to Fiona, Ian and Lip are talking about the custody thing. "Are you on board?" Ian asks. "Just as long as I aint gotta call her mom or nothing" Lip says. All the sudden Lip stops in his tracks. "Guess who?" I hear Mandy say as she has her arms wrapped around my boyfriends waist. I look at Ian. "Dont" He says. She follows us and snatches the Will out of Lips hand. "You wrote down the wrong year" She laughs. "Ummmmm no thats the right year" Lip tells her and I wrap an arm around his waist, and he throws his around my shoulders. Finally we get to the notary.

A little bit later we get to where Carl and Liam are. Of course Mandy follows us. "Emma, Lip, you gotta get me out of this place" Carl whispers to us. He hates it here because there too nice and too gay. I feel bad for him. Carl is not the kind of kid that belongs in a house like this. They make him go to church, bathe regularly with mango scented body wash, and they took his gun away. I sigh and he hugs me. This is only like the third time Carl has ever hugged me. It wasnt a normal hug either. He wrapped his arms around my waist and just let me hold him. "We gotta go. Fiona needs us" Lip tells me. Carl lets go and their are a few tears on my shirt. "We're gonan get you and Liam out of here buddy" I say and kiss the top of both of their heads.

later that night Lip, Ian, and I are walking with Fiona, Jimmy and Veronica to where they keep the old people that died at V's work. We trade some drugs for a dead body and take it home. When they open the body bag the smell of death fills Fionas room. We get her out of the bag and onto the bed. "The realy aunt Ginger only had nine toes. We gotta cut one off" Lip tells us and hands Ian the big scissors but he cant do it. Just as Fiona is about to we hear some one down in the kitchen. We run down there and find Debbie eating food from the fridge. "Debbie! Are you okay?" Lip asks her. "Cant talk. too hungry!" Debbie tells us. "Are they not feeding you there?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "Your not going back!" Fiona yells. "I gotta take food back to the others" She says. "I'll make you some food" I tell her and start cooking. "Get the bread and some cereal and grocery bags. We gotta make sure these babies eat" V says and starts packing stuff. The paramedics come to take the dead body away, and the EMT guy comes out. "Shes been dead at least a day" He tells us. "We were gone for a couple of days. Found her when we got back" Fiona tells them and he recognizes her and starts flirting with her.

The next day is the court hearing. All of the kids get to come so of course I'm here. I take Liam from Brittany and snuggle him close. "I've missed you so much handsome!" I tell him. "What about me?" Lip asks walking up. "You too" I kiss him quickly and he goes to file aunt Gingers will so Fiona owns the house. I sit in the courtroom and hold Liam while the hearing goes on. Right now it isnt looking good for us. Carl and Debbie tell the judge they missed Frank when he disappeared and were so happy when he came back. Frank is making himself out to seem like a good guy that just had a hard time with addiction, which is bullshit. The tears start rolling and Ian and I shake our heads. "This is such bullshit" I whisper. At the end of the hearing Frank remains their father, but Fiona is their guardian. We all stand up and cheer except Jimmy. He looks pissed off.

We run in the house and things are back the way they should be. "Who wants to get in the pool?" Lip asks. "I'll get swim diapers" Ian yells. "I've got towels!" I say and we all run out back to go swimming as a family. "Hey Phillip" I say as he runs ahead of me. He stops and turns around and comes back. "Welcome home... again" I laugh and he kisses me. After he kisses me he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder and runs me to the pool. "Are you having a party without me?" I hear a small voice ask. I look and see Maddie and her parents standing there. "Come on in Mads!" I tell her and she jumps in the pool with the rest of us. "Hey Troy, Nina" I smile to them. "Please, call us mom and dad" Nina says holding up the adoption papers. "Oh my god!" I say excitedly. Troy holds up another piece of paper that were the paternity test results. "Are you my real dad?" I ask and he shrugs. "I wanted to wait for you" He laughs and then opens them. "Lip! I have a dad!" I scream excitedly.