chapter seventy seven

"I cant believe your going to military school" I say sadly while were at breakfast the Gallaghers. "I know. We have to do a proper gallagher send off party" Fiona smiles at him. Debbie and Neil have gotten really close and I guess they are like a thing now. Debbie practically lives with him and Sierra and Sierras son. Sierra is a pretty good friend, we hang out from time to time. "Alright I'm taking Liam and Cora to the house and then I'm headed to the diner" I say getting up and kissing Lip and grabbing both of the kids. When I get to the house mom and dad are both sitting at the table whispering over some papers. "Whats going on?" I ask setting the channel for Liam and putting Cora in her walker. "come sit sweetheart" dad says. I sit down in front of them and they give me sweet smiles. I look at them strangely. "We're moving" mom says and I look at her surprised. "To Miami" Dad adds and my eyes go wide. "You and Lip are welcome to come with us" Mom says. "No thats okay. We cant leave chicago. Ummm Ihate to see you guys leave. I've gotten so close to you" I say. "I know. We dont want too but Maddie has gotten into some trouble at school.. and around the neighborhood" Dad says and I sigh. "Well then it's good you guys are getting her out of here. It isnt too late for her" I say and they nod. "Thats what we were thinking" Mom nods. "Well we sure will miss you guys. And we'll come visit you and youll come visit us right?" I ask and they both nod. "Of course. Cant be away from you guys too long" dad says and rubs my hand. "I'm gonna be late for work. Love you guys" I say and kiss both of their cheeks and then head to work.

"Hey Debs, hey Neil, hi Franny. You look so grown up" I say to them when they walk in and sit down. "Hey Emma. How's Cora?" She asks. "shes great" I smile. "I'm hosting a dinner tonight, I told Lip but I'm sure he forgot to tell you" she tells me and I laugh. "He did. We will be there" I tell her.

Later that night we get to Debbies for dinner and Sierra hugs me. "Hey Ems" She smiles and shortly after Debbie calls for dinner. "Hey kid" I smile and hug Carl. We sit at the table and we have Cora and Franny playing together in a play pen. "My sister thinks your only with me for my money" Neil spits out. "You said that?" Lip says angrily at Sierra. Debbie goes on a rant on how she has no choice. "Others look at Neil and they see brain damage. I see a sweet guy that always tells the truth" Debbie says. "We're engaged" Neil says and I choke on my soda.

As we're leaving Sierra is standing by the door. "Thank you so much" Carl says as he walks out in front of me. "Nice manners Carl" I laugh. "I'll see you tomorrow Si" I say and she nods. "Bye you guys" she smiles. When we get back to the house I put the kids to bed and we go to Fionas room. "Liams in bed" I smile. "Yeah Liams in bed" Lip and Ianrepeat. Fiona just put an air conditioner in her room. She laughs and waves us in. "Just come in and sit down" She tells us and we run in. I sit next to her with my feet in Lips lap. "Pop quiz. Whats the most Debbie thing Debbie could do?" Lip asks lighting a cigarette. "Pregnant?" Fiona guesses but Ian shakes his head "nope". "Uhhh joined the army using Lips name?" she guesses again smiling at Ian. "Haha very funny. Try again" Ian says. "Engaged?" She says and I nod. "Ding ding ding" I laugh and she sighs. "Well, I may have been stupid but at least I was in love" she says. "And of age" Lip laughs. "I'm making out with a guy with a vagina" Ian says. "Trevors trans?" I questions and he nods. "Wow" Lip nods. "How do you have sex?" Fiona asks him. "I'm trying to figure that part out" Ian shrugs. "Im really into him" He adds. "Your into him,just not into her" Lip says and Ian gets defensive. "its a fucking him alright" He tells us while Lip passes me the cigarette. "Oh I've got some shit to spill. My parents are moving to Miami because Maddie keeps getting in trouble so Lip and Ihave to move back in" I tell everyone and Lip looks at me quickly. "Shit you couldnt have told me that hours ago?" He asks. "We sleep here a lot of the time anyway so I didnt really think it was that big of a deal" I tell him and he shrugs. "Sucks. I really like your parents. And now Cora will grow up around no grandparents" Lip says. "Eh I didnt have grandparents and I was fine" I say. "Glad to have you three back. So the laundry mat across the street from the diner is for sale. I'm waiting on the bank to approve my loan" Fiona tells us.

"Okay I found a new daycare for Liam and Cora both. The lady was so confused because she thought they were sibling so I had to explain to her that Liam is her uncle. It was complicated" I tell Sierra as we stand around the diner. "Woah. I cant believe your parents are just up and leaving like that" she says and I nod. The diner phone starts ringing so I grab it quickly. "Patsys" I answer. Its the bank telling me they need Fiona so I go find her. I look surprised when I find her and Debbie hugging in the office. "Hey Fi, it's the bank" I tell her and she smiles and grabs the phone. "She's signing off for me to get married" Debbie tells me and I raise my eyebrows. "What do you have to do?" I ask. "Nothing. She just agreed" she smiles to me. "Congrats Deb" I tell her. "Hey you got a table Em" Sierra calls out to me.

A little later Lip comes in the front door with a tiny Pomeranian on a leash. "Come here" he says and grabs my wrist and pulls me to the back. "What the hell is that?" I ask him. "We got shut down again by the DEA and its for real this time. They put my bosses in jail so we arent opening back up. This is her dog and she asked me to keep it safe until she gets out" he tells me. "Oh hell. Whats her name?" I ask. "Rocky" He tells me. "That dog has a lot of hair for Cora to pull. If it bites my baby its fucking dead" I tell him and he nods. "I'm sorry you got shut down. That totally ruins the plan to steal a bunch of money from them doesnt it?" I ask and he nods. I kiss his cheek. "Maybe after Carls going away party we can sneak away" I tell him and he cracks a small smile. "This is why I love you" He says and kisses me.

Lip and Fiona fought all the way to the house for Carls going away party. "Wheres the banner and the cake and everything?" Fiona fusses at Lip. "I asked Debbie to do it and she said she would" Lip tells her and Debbie comes out of the kitchen. "I need help getting Neil in the house" She tells us. "Wheres the party stuff Debs?" Lip asks. "Ian said he'd handle it" She tells us. "And where is Ian? Wasnt he supposed to get off work like two hours ago?" I ask her. "Yeah. I dont know where he is" She tells me and Carl comes downstairs. "Bad news buddy, we dont have a party for you" Fiona says. "I dont even know if im going" He sighs. "Why?" Lip questions. "What if they haze me?" Carl says. "Your way tougher than they are Carl" I tell him. "Gallaghers are a lot of things but we definitely can face any challenge" Fiona tells him. Its just a couple hours later and we are dropping Carl off at the bus. Luther is there which I know makes Carl feel better about everything. "Bye Uncle Carl" I say and he gives me a small smile. "Bye Em. Bye Cora. I love you guys" He says and I hug him tightly and then take Cora back from Lip. He kisses her forehead and says his goodbyes to everyone else. "It makes me emotional to see him go" I say and Lip nods. "I know" He says pulling me closer to him.