chapter forty three

"hey Fi" I say coming in the back door. "Hey Em. Whats up?" She asks me. "Brought you lunch" I say holding up a bag from work. We hear the front door open and Ian walks in. "No way" Fiona yells and runs over and hugs him. She doesnt know about us going to see him where he works so I act like I havent seen him. After he hugs her he hugs me too. "Missed you bud" I say and he squeezes me tightly. He starts telling Fiona about how hes a new man. "You gotta finish highschool Ian" she tells him. "Frank finished and look at him. Emma finished and look at her, shes still here waiting on Lip to come home and drop his pants" Ian says in a cheerful tone. "Ian!" Fiona tells at him. "Gee thanks Ian. Glad thats all I'm known for" I say and he takes his sandwich upstairs. I roll my eyes and go back to work.

When Liam and I get back to the Gallagher house Lip had just walked in with dinner. "Liam and I are standing here tonight but tomorrow night he's staying with Emma" Lip tells Fiona. "I can watch him Lip" Fiona argues. "Not yet" he snaps and puts food in the oven. Debbie and Carl walk in. "Carl got suspended" Debbie runs in tattling. "I need someone to go in with me friday morning or i'll be expelled" Carl says. "You need to reschedule because I cant go" Fiona complains. "I'll take you butt munch" Lip says. "Its eight a.m" Carl tells him. "I have class then. Cant I come around noon?" Lip asks him but Carl shakes his head. "Parents will be there and stuff" He says. "I've got it. As far as their concerned Lip and I are married" I say switching my ring back to my married finger like it was when we were at the hospital. "I wish I could afford to get you a ring that pretty" Lip says grabbing my hand and kissing it. I sleep there with Lip tonight but we sleep in Franks old room since Fiona is back in her room.

The next morning Lip is making us breakfast while I feed Liam. Mandy comes in and starts questioning Lip asking him if hes okay and still in school and stuff. "Why do you have a ring on your wedding finger?" She asks me. "Oh I forgot to switch it back over. I have to go to the school for Carl friday but I'm not legally family. As far as the school is concerned, Lip and I got married when we graduated" I explain. She rolls her eyes. "Is Mickey here?" She asks just as Mickey comes walking down the stairs. "Are you people always so damn loud in the morning?" He asks rubbing his eyes. "Your wifes water broke" she tells him. "Tell her I said goodluck" He says fixing himself some coffee. "Your not coming?" she asks. "I gotta work" He tells her. She calls him an ass and then runs out. "Full house. Like the old times, any leftovers?" Fiona asks coming in from outside. "You ruined my art project! Your such a... your such a bitch!" Debbie yells in Fionas face. "Woah Debbie!" Lip yells back at her. "She went into my room, trashed my stuff, and kicked all of my clothes under my bed" Debbie says. "I asked you to clean up!" Fiona argues. "She went through mine too. She took my porn, my nunchucks, and my taser" Carl says. "Maybe next time you guys will listen to me!" Fiona tells them. We all get our coats on and I start getting Liams stuff together. "Lip you can leave Liam here" Fiona says. "Em's got him" He says and I nod. "Lip!" She tries to argue. "For fucks sake fiona just chill out. Get some sleep hang out with V, whatever. Emma is taking Liam" He tells her. Lip, Liam, and I walk out and I put Liam in his stroller. "Are you coming home or staying at school tonight?" I ask. "I dont know yet. I'll let you know but if I dont youll keep him over night right?" he asks. "Of course. And Debbie, Carl, and Ian are more than welcome to come and stay. We have a guest room where I can put the boys and Debbie can sleep with Maddie and Liam sleeps with me" I explain. "One day I'm gonna turn our fake marriage into a real one" He says with a kiss.

Later that night Lip shows up with Carl. "Debbies spending the night at Sheilas and Fiona got drunk and almost burned the house down" He tells me. My dad shows up behind me. "Come on in boys. Have you eaten dinner? We were just about to eat. Maddie set two more places please" My dad says and leads Carl into the livingroom. "Hey handsome" I smile and he hugs me. "Come on, Liam's been asking about you. And my mom and dad are gonna question you about school so get ready" I laugh and he smiles. I pull him in and we sit with my family and eat dinner. "Fiona's probably having a fit being locked in the house all by herself" I whisper after dinner as we sit in the livingroom with Maddie and Brad watching a movie. "She brought it upon herslef" Lip says with his arm around me. Carl was already in bed and Liam has been asleep for hours. Maddie had Brad over and we were all sititng watching a movie with family. I rest my head on his shoulder and sigh. I get out my phone and text Debbie just to make sure shes okay. When the movies over Brads mom comes and gets him to take him home. My dad made sure that Carl and Lip slept in the guest room together and I had Liam with me. About one in the morning I get up to go get something to drink and I hear people in the kitchen. I stop right outside the doorway and I hear Lip and my dad talking. "Emma is a special girl. I hate that she didnt come into my life sooner" Dad says. "Yeah me too. I only met Lisa a few times, when her and Frank were getting into trouble together and she sucked. Emma needed a parent like you. I know shes glad to have a dad now" Lip tells him. "I'm glad she met you Gallaghers. You've all been so good to her. Shes very blessed to have you Lip" My dad tells him. I smile and then walk in like I hadent been standing outside. "Hey, what are you guys doing up?" I ask. "Just chatting" Dad smiles. I grab a bottle of water and kiss Lips cheek. "Goodnight" he smiles and kisses me cheek. "Night Handsome. Night Dad" I say and go back up to bed.

By Friday Carl had somehow convinced Frank to go to his school thing instead of me. "Its not that I dont want you to be my sister in law and not go but Frank is almost dead so I want him to do some kind of parenting thing before he does" He had told me. Lip had let Fiona start watching Liam again after a conversation on the phone I didnt hear.