chapter seventy six

"Going back to your intern gig today?"I ask Lip and he nods. "Have fun" I smile and kiss him and then I head down the stairs and into the kitchen to see my mom sitting on the couch. "Hey mom" I say sitting next to her. "Hey honey" She says and looks up from her book. "Are you sure your okay keeping Liam and Cora while I work?" I ask her since she offered. "Yes of course! Go back to work sweetie" She smiles. Lip comes down freshly showered. "Can you pick Liam up and bring him back here for mom to watch?" I ask him. "Yeah I've got time" he smiles. "Thanks again Nina. It really helps all of us out" Liam smiles to her. "Its no big deal sweetheart" She smiles at him and then hands us both a smoothie. We look at each other and she laughs. "Their good for you" She tells us and I take a sip. "Taste pretty good" I say and Lip takes a drink and then nods surprised. "I made one a little bit thicker too for Cora to eat when she gets up" She says and almost on cue I hear her crying. "Go get Liam and I'll deal with Cora" I tell Lip and he nods and kisses my cheek. When Liam walks in Lip calls a goodbye and then leaves for work. "Hey sweet cheeks" I smile at him. "Alright, i'm off to work" I say and kiss Cora and Liams forheads.

When I get to work I immediately start working. "Its amazing that you had a baby a couple months ago and you look totally hot in our uniforms" Sierra says. I laugh slightly. "Thanks Sierra" I smile. "How come you didnt need any training?" another waitress asks me. " I started working here when I was like thirteen" I tell them. "or because shes boning the managers brother" another whispers to the first one. "It has nothing to do with family so you can go ahead and get that out of your heads. Emma is a hard worker and shes doing what she needs to do for her family" Fiona says hearing them and shutting them down. Right before the lunch rush hit Debbie comes in with a guy in a wheelchair. Sierra runs over. "Neil, I'm working right now" SHe tells him. "Im hungry" He tells her. "I can get you a burger but I cant sit and eat with you" She reminds him. "I can sit with him" Debbie volunteers. "Who's the creepy dude sitting with my sister?" Fiona asks. "My brother Neil. He's got brain damage from an accident" Sierra tells us. "Just what Debbie's looking for" I whisper to Fiona and she rolls her eyes at me.

"I used to love to go to work but now I cant stand being away from my baby" I tell my mom when I come in from work. I grab Cora from her high chair and she smiles at me. "Hi baby" I say and kiss her cheeks. "Lip came home for lunch and spent some time with her but for the majority of the day shes been sitting in her bumbo seat watching tv with Liam" Mom tells me. I snuggle Cora close to me and kiss her forehead again. "I missed her so much" I say.