chapter thirty nine

Going to MIT for a couple days to see Lip was awesome but now I'm back to the real world. "For fuck sake" Caleb mumbles as I wipe down the counter in front of him. "Whats wrong?" I question not really looking at him. "Jane canceled again" He tells me. "I dont know why your still fucking around with her. She does this to you at least twice a week" I say. "You wouldnt leave Lip alone while he was with Karen" he snaps at me. "Wow. Someones cranky" I roll my eyes and walk away from him. When I turn around hes gone. "Asshole" I roll my eyes.

When I get home Maddie and a boy are sitting on the couch. "Hey Mads. Hi I'm Emma" I say walking past. "Brad" he smiles and he doesnt look or sound like a douche. He actually looks like a sweet smart kid but no twelve or thirteen year old is as innocent as they look. Who knows what Debbie is doing right now. "So what do we know about Maddies little boyfriend?" I ask mom when I walk in the kitchen. "He's so sweet. He's on the basketball, football, math, debate, and chess team" She tells me. Maddie has recently become a cheerleader so she cheers at all the basketball and football games. "How was Lip?" she asks and I smile. "He was good. I dont think he's loving college. He doesnt really fit in with the other kids" I say and she nods. "That was your father in college. He grew up in the same neighborhood has you and when he got into a good college he hated it, until he met me" She smiles. "I hope Lip doesnt meet anyone new" I tell her. "Cant meet anyone as good as you" She says and pats my back. I smile and head up to my room to do homework. I pull out my phone and call Lip. "Hey babe what up?" He asks answering. "Just called to check on you. My mom was telling me a story about how my dad and her met in college and It got to my head I guess" I sigh. "You have nothing to worry about. Back home I at least got a double take but here girls wont even smile at me as they walk by" he laughs and I can tell hes in a hurry. "Hey!" I hear a girl screech. "Who was that?" I ask. "Roommates girlfriend. I used her deodorant and she didnt like that. Lavender, you wouldnt like it" He tells me. "Running late again?" I ask. "Yeah. I gotta go gorgeous" He says and then hangs up.

"Emma its Caleb!" Dad says from downstairs after the doorbell rings. When I go downstairs I see Caleb sitting on the couch. "What do you want?" I ask standing in front of him with my arms crossed over my chest. "I found out why Jane keeps dodging me" he says. "Okay" I say trying to figure out what this has to do with me. "Shes pregnant. It's definitely mine and shes goinna have it, hand it over and let me raise it and I'm not allowed to ever contact again after she gives it to me" he says and my jaw drops. "What the hell" I say and sit down next to him. He nods. "I just moved out on my own and now I've got to raise a kid too" he sits back and rubs his face. "I'll be the best aunt ever and babysit anytime you want" I smile and rub his arm. "Thanks" He tells me and then gets up to leave. "Hey, Your gonna be a great dad. I hope its a girl" I smile as hes walking out. "What do I know about raising a little girl?" He laughs. "Thats what Aunt Emma is for" I smile and shut the door.

(Sorry its a short chapter. I usually go chapter by chapter and just write Emma into it but with Lip in college now its harder)