chapter sixty four

"Its our home! They cant just take it from us!" Carl says as we're eating breakfast. "Yes they can" Fiona tells him. "Says who?" He argues. "The state of Illinois" Ian informs him. "How?" He questions and I laugh slightly. "I dont have time to explain how foreclosure works Carl" Fiona fusses at him. "We need somewhere to live" she sighs. "Liam and Carl can stay with my family, sorry Carl but your friend will have to find somewhere else to stay" I tell him. "Nah we good Em" He says in his new accent. I roll my eyes. "Well okay then. Come on Liam, I'll take you to headstart" I say and help him get his coat on.

After I had been back at my house for a little while Debbie calls me. "Please come over! The cops are here taking everything out of the house!" She says. "Im on my way. Call everyone else" I say and jump in the car and rush over. When I get there Debbies standing on the front porch watching as they take stuff out. "Hey what the fuck? They got special privileges to stay here until next week!" I tell the sheriff. "From the bank?" He asks me. "No from the new owners" I say. "Bank owns this place until the inspection is done. Bank wants you out" he tells me and then Fiona comes running up. We pack everythig into boxes. "Weird. This is the first room we ever had sex in" Lip says coming up behind me as I'm packing stuff up. I laugh and continue to pack pictures and stuff. "This is the room our daughter was conceived in... or at least I think it is" I tell him and he laughs. "We fell in love here" He says wrapping his arms around me.

"Want me to stick around and make sure everything gets handled?" Lip asks Fiona wile we stand in the front yard. "Nah, its okay" She sighs. "What about Liam?" He asks. "I'm gonna pick him up from headstart and he's gonna stay with me" I tell Lip and he nods. "He'll be comfortable there. He's slept there" Fiona says. "I told Debbie and Carl they were welcome too but Carl's friends gotta go" I tell them. "No use in talking to Debbie anymore" Fiona rolls her eyes. "Cant force her Fi" Lip reminds her. "Shes gonna make a great mom" I say and Fiona looks at me like im horrible. "We're locking up the house" The sheriff says coming outside. "Can you give me a minute?" Fiona asks and he nods. I sit down next to Lip on the stairs and rub his leg.

I get Liam and then take him back to my house. "Hey Liam! Are you gonna spend a couple days with us?" Mom asks him when we walk in. "Yes ma'am" He smiles. "Your toy box is in the hallway closet like usual. Go get some toys and I'll make you a snack okay?" I tell him and he nods and runs off. "Thanks for letting him stay here" I tell mom. "Of course. He's always welcome here" She smiles and I go to the kitchen and get some goldfish crackers and some chocolate milk out for Liam. "Come eat your snack sweet cheeks" I tell Liam and put his snack on the coffee table. "What do you wanna watch?" I ask him and turn the tv on. "Spongebob!" He says excitedly. I turn it on and he watches as he eats his snack. "Want me to make diner tonight?" I ask. "No its okay honey. Is everyone at the gallaghers okay?" She asks me. "Umm Ian is staying with Lip at school, Carl and his friend Nick are getting a hotel room, Fiona is staying with Sean and his son Will" I tell her. "I feel bad that this happened to them" Dad speaks up and I nod. "Yeah it sucks. But theyre Gallaghers. Their strong" I smile at Liam who is giggling at the tv.