chapter forty two

"Lip you dont have to take Liam to school with you. I've got him" I say picking Liam up and he smiles at me. "Thanks" He tells me and Fiona comes in. "I was gonna take Liam with me today" Fiona tells Lip. "No thanks" He says. "Come on Liam, we can go put your coat on downstairs" I say and carry him downstairs. I put his coat on him and when Lip comes down he gives me Liams bag. "Thanks for keeping him. I love you" Lip says. "Me or the baby?" I ask with a laugh. "Both" He smiles and kisses me on the lips and Liam on the forehead. "Say bye Lip" I say and Liam waves. I take Liam to my house and my mom is home from work for the day. "Ahhh that must be Liam" She smiles when I walk in with him. I nod. "This is the man" I smile and he waves at my mom. "Hi Liam... I'm Nina" SHe says crouching down to his level. "Hi Nina" He says sweetly. "Are you hungry Liam? We didnt eay breakfast before we left" I ask him and he nods. "Do you like pancakes Liam? I have some pancakes and some fruit" She tells him. "No fruit" He says making a face. "You can have chocolate milk if you eat half a banana" I smile to him and he nods. "Bribery always works" Mom laughs. "Lip" He says. "I know buddy I miss Lip too. He's coming back though. He's at school" I tell him and he nods.

Liam and I hang around the house with Mom all day. Liam finally goes down for a nap and I head downstairs and see Caleb sitting on the couch. "Hey baby daddy" I smile and he rolls his eyes and smiles. "We're having a girl so I hope your in for helping me raise a baby girl" He says. "Awe! Name her Emma!" I tell him and he laughs. "You and Lip should just take her" He sighs and I choke on the water I was drinking. "What the hell?" I ask. "A baby is a lot of responsibility to do alone. She would be happier having two parents" He tells me. "Did you come over here to ask me to take your baby?" I ask and he nods. "Lip and I want to get married and move out of the southside before we have kids Caleb. We dont want them to grow up like we did" I tell him. He gets up. "Your right.I'm an idiot. The baby will grow up fine with a dad and an Aunt Emma and Uncle Lip" he smiles before walking out. "Did he just ask you to take his baby?" Mom asks me and I nod. "Carl should be home from school by now so when Liam wake sup were gonna head over" I tell my mom and she nods.

When Liam and I walk in the front door I hear Lip and Fiona yelling. "It was your fault and now I'm gonna have to pay! I have to drop out of school and stay home and raise four kids while you sit in jail all because you left some fucking coke out being irresponsible! Why would you even do coke? It affected everyone Fiona not just you! Hell it even affects Emma" Lip says as I walk in the kitchen. "Hey Liam" She says and goes to grab him from me, but Lip steps in between us. "Dont fucking touch him" Lip growls. Fiona looks at me but I just look at Liam. "I'm gonna go put Liam to bed. My mom fed him chicken nuggets and apples before we left" I tell him and he nods. I get Liam in his pajamas and lay him down to sleep. I hear yelling coming home from the bathroom so I run out once Liam is asleep. "Whats going on?" I ask and the smell of shit hits me. I hold my nose and Lip and Carl drop an unconscious Frank in the hallway. "Hes covered in shit" I say and Lip nods. "Daddy!" Sammy yells when she sees him. "Get him the fuck out of the house" Lip tells her. "He is too sick to leave the house!" She yells back. "Yeah no shit. You let him shoot up a bunch of heroin" Lip yells and I see spit flying at her. "He's in pain!" SHe yells back. "What if the social worker would have shown up right now?" Lip asks her getting close to her face. "She didnt though" Sammy tells him, still kneeling beside Frank. "These kids would have been taken away and what do you care? You just want to make nicey nicey with daddy. Get the fuck out of my house" Lip yells at her. He looks at me and motions me to come downstairs with him. I follow him down and hes looking at me sadly. "I know" I say and hug him.