chapter sixty three

"We have seventy two hours to vacate the premises" Lip says looking at the eviction notice while we sit at the table. "Are you sure you dont need me?" Lip asks and Fiona shakes her head. "Go on your trip" She tells him and I look at him confused. "Your going on a trip?" I ask. "Yeah... Helen is taking me on to an educational convention thing" He tells me and I raise my eyebrows at him. "The same Helen that tried to fuck you?" I ask and he nods. "What kinda name even is Helen. Its spelled like Helen but its said funny" I say crossing my arms. "I talked to her and told her that what she did can never happen again. I'm about to have a baby and a wife and it wasnt gonna happen" He explains to me. "But yet shes taking you out of town" I roll my eyes and get up to leave. "Where are you going?" he asks me. "I gotta go watch Sophia" I tell him and kiss his cheek. "I swear to god Lip Gallagher" I say and he laughs. "I know. You'll fucking kill me" He chuckles. "I love you" I say and kiss his lip. "I love you too. And I love you!" He says and presses his lips to my baby bump. I smile and run my fingers through his hair.

"Hey how would you feel about me giving Sophia to Debbie for the day and letting her take her to school to see what its like to be a mom and in school?" I ask Caleb while hes running around getting ready for school. "Ummm I mean I guess what would be okay. Isnt it like too late for her to get an abortion?" he asks and I shrug. "Who knows" I tell him. He kisses Sophia's head and runs out of the house. "Okay pretty girl, we are gonna hang out out with Debbie today" I smile and put her coat on her. I put her in the carseat I already had for her in the back of my car. When we get to the gallagher house I find Frank trying to set Debbie up with an old guy thats about to die. "Frank! She's fifteen. She is not gonna marry an old guy to get his money when he dies. SHe can get her own men" I tell him and he gives me a mean look before taking the old guy and leaving. "Thanks" She smiles at me. I hand her Sophia who is screaming her head off. "its time for her to eat. All the store had was carrots but she hates carrots so good luck" I tell her and hand her the diaper bag. "I thought you were babysitting" She tells me. "You have a baby on the way so your gonna be a mom for the day" I smile to her and then I walk upstairs and leave her with the screaming baby. I watch from the stairs as she calms the baby down and puts sugar in the carrots and gets Sophia to eat them. After she feeds her she changes her diaper and puts her to bed. "Better than I was expecting" I tell her and walk over. "I've been babysitting since I could reach the stove to make mac and cheese, I know how to make kids eat food they dont want" SHe laughs. I wrap my arms around her and kiss her temple. "I know that everyones against you on this but I'm not. I'm happy for you" I tell her and she smiles and hugs me back.

"Hows it going with your mistress?" I ask when Lip calls me. I'm leaving Calebs apartment from dropping Sophia off. He chuckles a little. "She's currently throwing her guts up in the toilet. She got sloppy drunk and tried to fuck me in the elevator" He tells me. "Oh dont you just love it when your teacher tries to rape you" I smile into the phone. "I cant wait to see you. I miss you" He sighs. I laugh slightly. "I miss you too handsome. Youll be home tomorrow?" I ask. "Yeah. I gotta go, Helen turned the bidet on and its splashing her in the face" He says and hangs up. I head back over to the gallagher house to give Fiona som e money to keep the house. "I had more saved but I bought a crib for the baby. I can return it and get my money back though" I tell her and she hugs me. "No sweetheart. This is amazing. Thank you" She says. "Oh and I went up to Lips dorm and got the money he told you he had" I say and hand her even more. "Its not nearly as much as you need but its something" I tell her.

The next day we are at the auction and Lip comes in. "Hey how was your trip?" Fiona asks him. "Eh" He tells her and kisses me quickly. "Welcome home" I smile and he sits next to me and takes Liam out of my lap and puts him in his own. The bidding starts and there are a couple people bidding against us. "Do I hear one hundred thousand?" The auctioneer asks. "This is it" Fiona sighs and raises her biding card. "Going once, going twice" The guy says and then someone else bids. "We're gonna lose it Fi. Bid" Lip tell her. "We cant go over a hundred thousand" she says. "Sold for one hundred and thirty thousand. Congratulations" The auctioneer says to a couple in the back and we all look around at each other.