chapter sixty two

"Look at it" I say as Lip and I sit at the doctors office and get a sonogram. "Woah. It's like... a baby" He smiles and I squeeze his hand. I'm four months along now. "If we dont want to know the sex then I suggest we look away" The doctor says. "Oh we hadnt talked about it. We wanna know right?" I ask. "Oh hell yeah" Lip laughs and we look at the screen. I look over and watch Lip get excited over seeing the baby. He's holding my hand in both of his and staring at the screen. I smile and look back over. "I totally can tell if its a boy or a girl" I laugh and the doctor smiles. "Look like you are having a... little girl. Congratulations" She tells me and I gasp and look at Lip. "We're gonna have a daughter" Lip smiles and then looks at me. He leans over and kisses my forehead. "Time to start thinking of girl names. We had convinced ourselves that it was a boy and so we were thinking of boy names" I laugh.

After our doctors appointment Lip heads to school for a test or something and I head to the diner to eat. For like the past couple weeks ive been craving their french toast so I eat it about once a day. "Hey Fi" I smile when I walk in and she looks at me sadly. Her bottom lip starts quivering and she grabs my arm and drags me to the office. "Whats going on Fiona?" I ask her. "I'm pregnant" she says with tears streaming down her face. "Oh" I sigh and hug her and rub her back. "Hey im pregnant too" I say trying to make her laugh. She chuckles slightly. "Your keeping yours" She sighs. "Your getting an abortion?" I ask and she nods. "Yeah. We'll have enough babies running around with yours and Debbies since she doesnt seem to be cooperating with me" She sighs. "I'm having a girl by the way" I smile and she smiles back. "Congrats Emma" She says and hugs me again. "Are you okay?" I question and she nods. "I talked to V about it earlier and she let me vent and cry so I'm okay. I'm gonna go after work and schedule an abortion" She tells me. I hug her again and she chuckles. "Now come on, lets get that baby girl some french toast" She says and leads me back out to the dining room.

"Eviction notice?" I ask when Lip calls me and tells me about it. "I've been making sure that the rent is paid. Theres no way theirs an eviction notice" I tell him and he sighs. "I know. It sucks. I dont know any details" He tells me. "Well shit" I sigh.