Crushed // Chapter 15

"STARR!" Teo screamed, "hey baby." He sent her a fake smile. But him calling her baby killed me. Like I got that heart ache I got when I found out they were dating again. "Don't 'hey baby' me. You were kissing Maddie! Again!" "Again?" I asked, confused. "Don't act like I don't know about that one night. Teo told me about that." Oh Teo... I just looked at him and he sent me a nervous smile. "Maddie get off of my boy friend!" she screamed at me. I climbed off of Teo but he was holding my hand. This boy sends mixed signals like crazy wow.

Starr looked at him and he let go. I stepped back a little more and left the room. I closed the door, yet still listened to them talk. "Starr don't be mad at me. I love you. I just- I just don't know what got into me. I love you not her."

Excuse me?

"It didn't mean anything. Trust me." I heard her giggle. "Ok I forgive you. But promise it didn't mean anything?" "I promise," he said.

It didn't mean anything? He told me he loved me. Was that a lie? Not surprised. I heard one of then walking towards the door and I darted to the bathroom and shut the door. There was a knock. "Maddie?" I could tell it was Teo. I'm starting to think this boy isn't worth my tears.

I got up and opened the door. "What do you want?" "Hey you ok? You just kinda ran out?" "Yea. I'm fine. Are you ok?" He looked at me confused. "Why wouldn't I be?" "Because you just lost your best friend." I slammed the door and locked it. I didn't hear Teo move so I figured he was trying to figure out everything that I meant.

I started crying, knowing I would be crushed without him. But it was for the best, right? That's what he told me after we broke up. There was a slight knocking on the door. I stood up and unlocked the door. Then walked away. The knocking continued. "Its open," was all I said. I heard the door open and Teo walked in. "Maddie. I just-what did I do?" I could tell he was crying because his eyes were puffy. "Well I just couldn't take the lies anymore," is all I said to him. He just looked at me. "Mads," Oh gosh not with the Mads, "I never lied to you." "What about that kiss? And the whole 'I love you' thing? That didn't mean anything to you!" He looked at me, guilt in his eyes. "Are you gonna say something?" I snapped at him. "Maddie I'm just. I'm sorry ok. I messed up pretty bad and I understand if you never want to talk to me again. I just. I couldn't lose you."

Wait what?

"Wait so all that stuff you said was a lie? You love Starr and not me and that kiss we had meant nothing? That's all true?" He just looked at the ground. "Teo Lucas Halm. Tell me the truth this time." Tears started to well up in my eyes. "No it was true. Just I need to protect you so we can't do that type of stuff anymore."

Protect me from what?

"What stuff?" I asked just to get a clarification. "Like kissing and hugs and all that stuff. And we can't share the same bed anymore or hang out or anything." "Hang out? You're in that serious of a relationship with Starr we can't hangout? I know those were her rules but you never listened to them until now?" "Maddie I'm sorry. I need to keep this relationship." "So that means we have to end our friendship?"

He didn't answer.

"Ok Teo. Have it your way. Good bye." "Maddie-" "Remember we have to end our friendship to make your relationship with Starr a perfect one?" He just looked at me, his eyes getting red. "Bye Teo." I walked out of the bathroom, into my room. Starr was there. "Have a nice relationship." She smirked, "Oh I will." She showed me a fake smile and left. "Come on Teo. Let's go to my house." He nodded slightly. Then looked back at me. "Wait let me go say bye to Maddie." He released himself from her grip and came over to me. He hugged me. "I thought we couldn't do this stuff anymore?" Guilt filled his eyes. "Just this time." He hugged me one more time. "I love you Maddie," he whispered in my ear. "I love you too Teo. Have a nice relationship." He released from my grip and went downstairs to find Starr.

I'm not gonna see him for a while.

A/N: So this was pretty sad to write.

Don't worry, the story isn't even close to over!

This chapter was short I'm sorry it took a lot to write though.

Sorry for all the suspense😬

Stay amazing

Maddie🙊