Break up // Chapter 31

I burst into tears right then and there. I didn't let Teo finish his story.

Right as I burst into tears, Teo looked at me right in the eyes.

"Maddie. What's wrong?" Teo asked, worry in his eyes. "An-An-Andrew bro-broke up with me-me," I cried out, stuttering almost every single word.

Right as those words came out of my mouth, Teo had grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "Maddie I'm so sorry. He's stupid. He shouldn't have done that. You're an amazing girl. That's terrible that he would do that to you. And I honestly thought he really really loved you. He seemed to," Teo cut himself off when Lori gave him a glare.

I just continued to cry into Teo's chest. "Teo I love you so much. You're amazing," was all I could get out before crying into his chest some more.

He just held me and rocked me. "Shhh. It's ok it's ok. I'm here. I'm never. Ever. Ever. Ever going to leave you. I love you so much, too, Maddie. And I hope you forgive me for not being there over the summer. I'm a terrible best friend and I'm sorry. I should have been there for you. And I wasn't. And you always were there for me. You're amazing. Andrew is stupid for breaking up with you. Just like how stupid I was." He had stopped talking and I knew that he started crying too. I felt water drop onto my hair.

"Oh Teo," I said, smiling up at him as I wiped his tears away. "You are honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me. And that's an understatement. You are way more than perfect. I'm so happy we're close again. Otherwise I would be crying alone in my room," I said with a chuckle at the end. He slightly chuckled too.

We had both stopped crying and he pulled me into another hug.

"Uh," Lori said with a cough, "still here." "You can leave, Lori. It's ok. I can take care of Maddie," Teo said with a smile. I smiled too, knowing that meant that he would be spending the night here. With me.

Oh. My. Gosh.

I'm nervous. Because I basically made it clear to him that I liked him. And I can tell he likes me...

But what about Starr?..

I'll ask him later I guess.

"Ok guys. Byee. Keep it PG," she said with a smirk. "Lori leave," I said. She mocked me and then walked out of the door.

"So. What do you usually do after a breakup?" Teo asked. Oh clueless little Teo. "Well what girls usually do is get like 10 tubs of ice cream and eat them all. But I don't wanna do that. Can we just do something else?" "Yea. Wanna watch a movie?" Teo asked. That actually sounded like a lot of fun. It just wasn't going to be the same because Andrew and I weren't watching it together like how it normally was..

Oh boy. All along I was into Teo but now that Andrew and I broke up, I want him back.

I hate feelings and emotions. You never know what you have until its gone and that's the problem.

Teo snapped me out of my thoughts. "What movie?" he asked looking through the movie drawer. "Uh do some sappy love one where they break up and then I'll feel better," I said with a smile. Teo laughed. "You're so sweet," he said, chuckling.

He pulled out 'Dear John'.

"We watched this movie right after I broke up with my ex Brooke," he said smiling and looking at the movie. "Oh yeah. I remember that," I said, smiling and remembering that night.

He had called me up and he was crying. He was really upset but he couldn't get the words out. I had gone over to his house and he told me everything. She told him that they couldn't date anymore because of her parents. They didn't trust him and they had to break up. They seemed really in love and it sickened me. I would try to hang out with Teo and she would just 'have' to come over. And they would almost swallow each other while I just sat there.

That reminded me of the girl earlier who was Brooke, but they looked differnet.

"So lets watch the movie," he said, putting it in.

He walked back over to me and plopped down on couch. "Can I sleepover tonight?" he asked. I nodded my head and smiled really big. I was really looking forward to tonight. I felt like me might be going back to how things used to be. And I really liked that.

"If you get tired, do you want me to carry you up to your bed?" Teo asked. Those were almost the exact same words Andrew had used almost 24 hours ago.

I burst into tears right there and Teo looked at me with a very worried expression. "Maddie I'm so-" "Don't be," I cut him off. "This just shows me that you care just as much as Andrew," I told him and smiled up at him. "But I'm not gonna leave like Andrew did. Like I said, I love you so I'm not gonna leave. I'd be very very stupid to do that," he said.

He meant every single word he said. I could tell by his eyes.

"Teo you are the best thing on the planet," I said.

At that moment, we both started to lean it. Right before our lips brushed, I pulled away. "No no no no no no. I can't kiss you. I know what it feels like to be cheated on and I'm not doing that to Starr," I said. I got up and started to walk up the stairs.

I heard Teo sigh and just sit there for a little bit. I was half way up the stairs when I heard him call my name.

"Maddie wait. I wasn't gonna tell you this but I... I... I-" "You what?" I snapped at him. "I broke up with Starr..," he said and just looked down towards his feet. I shook my head in astonishment. "Wha-why?"

He just looked at the ground.

"Teo Lucas Halm. Answer me," I said in a stern tone.

"It-its because I thought may-ma-maybe we could get back... to-together."

A/N: Sorry guys for the late update :/

But how was this? Sorry it was kinda short.

Stay perfect

Maddie🙊